Machine castors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thingybob

If it aint broke dont fix it
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody bought and used the castors that are retractable leaving the machine stood on the floor then can be redeployed by pushing down a foot lever to move the machine and are they any good , I want to mount them on my P/T
images.jpg

Last edited:
I made those for my bandsaw, Bob has plans for those if you've got some 40, 50, and 60mm box iron, I had only thin wall box, so I added a bit more flat on the underside of the 40mm lever, and welded a lip to make the end blunter, as I cut the toe of my boot with these before.
http://www.thewoodhaven2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=216&p=1295&hilit=wheels#p1295
bandsaw compressed.jpg

Look up Carl Holmgren on YT, and be inspired
It's a much much much nicer solution, and I guess would work well with a P/T
as the weight would be even on both ends, and no obstructions to account for.
Not going to lie, took a few lessons to find out, these work best like that,
and should one be wanting the casters concealed, it might be best to do a mock up first,
to check if the machine might dip, when the caster swings over.
SAM_8735.JPG

Has anybody bought and used the castors that are retractable leaving the machine stood on the floor then can be redeployed by pushing down a foot lever to move the machine and are they any good , I want to mount them on my P/TView attachment 175170
That depends on how heavy your PT is. When you press down the first lever you are lifting 50% of the machine which might be quite onerous. I've got them on my medium sized bandsaw where they work well.
Brian

Save you searching, here's one of 6 different castor videos the great Carl Holmgren made.

Latest posts

Back