M33 x 3.5 chuck sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Jpt. I saw that and was about to buy one when I realised it is the normal price in my size :roll:

Thanks for the heads up John, just ordered another to join the one I already have, at that price they are a complete bargain and the extra jaw movement is often useful :)

Cheers, Paul

Thanks guys!

I just snapped one up too :)

It is awesome value considering the carriers are £30 on their own!

=Adam=":nu0wn2m3 said:
Thanks guys!

I just snapped one up too :)

It is awesome value considering the carriers are £30 on their own!

And the long chuck key I wanted was £18 but included with this deal, so a real bargain.

Received mine yesterday normal good service from Axminster.

There is one slight problem with this chuck and all the chucks Axminster now make in house and that is the jaw carriers from the old chucks dont fit they are too tight. Axminster say that this is because they are working to tighter tolerances than the old manufacturers.

If this is a problem get in touch with their technical dept and they will arrange to collect the chuck along with a set or two of your existing carriers and machine the chuck to fit.

john

John,
Yes I agree that is irritating - the same thing happened to me around Christmas time when I bought a new K10 and none of my jaws would fit - only the supplied carriers.

At the time the Axminster technical department didn't seem to be on top of things but it's nice to see that they've corrected that.

It's not a serious issue and I was able to fettle the chuck body quite easily with a needle file to get my carriers to fit though - and I plan to do the same with the new Goliath when it arrives.

Jon

Post Script: Well my new Goliath chuck arrived and it seems that the old jaws fit this one. Perhaps it's the luck of the draw and depends upon the thickness of the nickel plating?

Mine arrived as well, sits nicely beside a pair ok K10's. I can keep the cole jaws mounted permanently.

Perfect deal.

Phil

Latest posts

Back