Lumberjack who are they and are they any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
Have been thinking about getting a morticer (Wear and tear/abuse of my shoulders over the years is now starting to tell). Definately starting to show/feel my age now. I have the intension of making several frame and panel cabinets this coming year and so feel that it may be a good idea to get one. I had intended to get a 2nd hand sedgewick etc but have come across a brand called Lumberjack. Although, I'll be making a lot more M/T than usual, not sure its enough to justify the space taken by the big morticer.

Has anyone had any experience of these guys or any info on them. Are they aimed at hobby type levels or at low trade levels of use?

edit typos

I have a second string Lumberjack Router table, its OK, but definitely Hobby use, can't fault the value though, built in router and lift for £100.00 can't be beaten.

Mike

If it's the 370 watt one you're looking at then I think that the Lumberjack morticer is a badged product, looks identical to the SIP and Charnwood ones. I've got the Charnwood 340, next one up in size and it's great but whichever one you get I'd definitely recommend getting an x/y table as it saves so much fannying about.

I bought a second hand Axminster one from eBay when I started building the doors for my bedroom wardrobes, only paid about £60 for it including a few new hollow chisels and auger bits. No xy table on it but I've not had any problems, induction motor so nice and quiet and enough power for anything I've asked it to do.

Latest posts

Back