Look, no holes!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul.J":u9i35x3q said:
Very nice Pete :D
Is this part of the miniature range. :lol:
By the way Pete,hows the new workshop coming along :?:
Paul.J.

Not exactly Paul, I may be doing some Christmas sales so I am trying to get a few cheaper bits together, light pulls, keyrings, the watches if successful etc. All the experts say that you need to focus on the cheaper end of the market with a few more expensive things on display. Need to earn a bit to fund my 'hobby expenses' :lol:

We are looking to move in the near future so am cobbling a workshop out of bits and pieces. Very rough and ready but functional. Keeps the dust and shavings out of the house. Hope to have it set up with the lathe this weekend.

Tam: I saw the ones in Meantime this wek. Never heard of it before. I got just the one watch from Axminster. I think I'll try your source, seems to make sense as the rubber ring really doesn't hold well enough. Might convert it into a min clock if I can think of a design for it.

Graham: quote - You're going to have fun turning the brass 'knob' for the top
I was thinking of making one in a contrasting wood, never tried turning brass.

Pete

Bodrighy":2e20wxue said:
...I was thinking of making one in a contrasting wood, never tried turning brass.
Pete

Made meself a light pull drive from brass rod... turning brass is fine as long as you go into scraper mode on slow speeds :wink:

For the standard size 'pocket' watches I bought the screw in top from here:
http://www.craftmaterialsupplies.co.uk/

Back