• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

lockdown haircuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I have gone Thomas Shelby, peaky blinders and loving it, used 2 mirrors and a bit of patience. with the misses tidying up the messy bits.
If it's a 3 month lockdown whats your choice? Shave it, buzz cut or caveman.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
shave it. have done for a few years now. it was getting thinner and thinner on top.

the problem is, with working from home, the motivation to bother shaving.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a serious problem!
I normally have my hair cut every 4 weeks. Flat top. Not many hairdressers can do it. Some don't even know what one is. I'm not exactly trendy.

I'll be due in about 10 days, but my (old-time) barber is closed (I assume, anyway, they were all ordered to close).
So I have looming problem! Lose my stud-like, Hollywood locks, entirely, or begin to look like a tramp. Neither option is appealing :(

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve Maskery":2a0zhjhk said:
Flat top.(
Watered down PVA in hair, brush up right until set or use hot air gun to speed it up, bend upper body parallel to ground and walk towards switched on linisher, stop when head hits belt or 1/2 inch before prefferably. Jobs a good'n.

That ones free steve any other handy hints are £2 each :D

Fitzroy

All the gear...
Reaction score
It’ll be a buzz cut for me. I’ve offered my boys to choose anything they like and I’ll try to do it. Mohawk, green stripes, anything, they’re off school for the duration might as well make it fun.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Phil Pascoe":1pk5uvxo said:

My wife gets a clippers with a 6mm depth gauge two or three times a year and starts at the bottom. :D
Where's del boy and the rest of the gang?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clanger

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve Maskery":273w6y7u said:
This is a serious problem!
I normally have my hair cut every 4 weeks. Flat top. Not many hairdressers can do it. Some don't even know what one is. I'm not exactly trendy.

I'll be due in about 10 days...(
Plenty of time to devise a bandsaw jig to do it :D

Cheshirechappie

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone make scissors with 6' handles? Tape the clippers, razor and comb to broomsticks. Job's a good 'un.

Rorschach

Reaction score
Grade 1 to what little is left of my hair, been doing it myself for years, just need a mirror to check the back.
Only downside to having it so short is that I need to cut it every 2-3 weeks.

ScaredyCat

Established Member
Reaction score
Same as many of you. Own a pair of clippers, wife shaves my head and trims my beard, just after she's run me through the sheep dip.

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Well I have managed to find a very helpful lady who has a big radiation machine and she happy to become my barber for the next 6 months. :p

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
As I said somewhere else mine's going to have to be a pony tail and still thinking about the beard to go with it, 6 weeks now since my last cut so........

I had wondered if that stuff you can buy to stop grass and hedges growing would work on hair - no I don't mean weed killer! :lol:

Cheshirechappie

Established Member
Reaction score
Lons":1quvjhsf said:
As I said somewhere else mine's going to have to be a pony tail and still thinking about the beard to go with it, 6 weeks now since my last cut so........

I had wondered if that stuff you can buy to stop grass and hedges growing would work on hair - no I don't mean weed killer! :lol:
Me too!

I'll be OK as long as I can stop birds nesting in it. Barber will earn his tip when normal service is resumed, though ...