lockdown haircuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve cut my own hair for donkeys years I use clippers but don’t like it too short so use grade 8, once you get use to hand coordination whilst looking in the mirror it’s fairly straight forward.

Have clipped my hair with a no 1 1/2 or no 2 clipper for years. 3 cowlicks has always made it hard to get anyone to cut longer hair in a way that doesn't look ridiculous.

The old Kevin Keegan or Brian May perm look could make a comeback maybe? :lol:

Attachments

• Brian-May.jpg
    Brian-May.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 215
Hair trimmer for years a quick once over jobs a good one.

Pete

You lot be grateful you have working follicles. Loads of mine migrated, and, though some returned, unfortunately their sense of location has atrophied and they are now happily producing keratin in my nose... :?

Sam

Lons":1b1gqe48 said:
As I said somewhere else mine's going to have to be a pony tail and still thinking about the beard to go with it, 6 weeks now since my last cut so........

I had wondered if that stuff you can buy to stop grass and hedges growing would work on hair - no I don't mean weed killer! :lol:

just rub your head with scotch and the hair will emerge half cut.............................................................(fetching coat,walking towards door)

Well for me it's caveman so far. But still thinking about a ponytail for latere, hence leaving it alone for now (it does feel a bit odd "behind" at present though)!

Q: Would a pony tail look "silly" together with an almost bald (at best very skimpy) top of scalp?

Mine will end up like the docs only worse as it's not thin at the front yet.

Attachments

• Doc-Brown-from-Back-to-the-Future.jpg
    Doc-Brown-from-Back-to-the-Future.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 520
Trevanion":2h05jsso said:
I was thinking about trying the fire treatment.

774ddc8580feccf46e8073608ad42965.gif

:lol:

That reminds me of my late brother and his friend singeing each others hair with a candle. Lovely mess, didn't smell too good either.

Nigel.

We have 2 Skype accounts so we could call when one of us was away. With 2 devices, eg laptop and ipad, you can Skype the back of your head to assist DIY cuts.

Was out in the garden with the chainsaw today, have to admit I did look at it and wonder. Difficult to get a decent haircut wearing full PPE though! :wink:

Talk about having the right kit at the right time 8)
Remotely operated, social distance compliant, hair clippers for hire.
Can easily be adapted to mount in woodworking vice.
Supplied with 2m (longer lengths available :wink: ) cords tied to trigger and cocking lever.

post1138728.html#p1138728

Lons":2bxc54oz said:
Was out in the garden with the chainsaw today, have to admit I did look at it and wonder. Difficult to get a decent haircut wearing full PPE though! :wink:

What about the innovative Covid Mullet Cut? Wear a protective mask, cut off all the bits showing!

Personally, although SWMBO has offered/threatened several times to give me "just a tidy up", and although it IS now somewhat uncomfortable, I'm staying with the caveman look for now at least!

Mine grows like a weed. And is wavy. I will look like a mad professor in no time. But there is no way I am letting my wife near me with scissors.

toolsntat":1nn5bucc said:
Talk about having the right kit at the right time 8)
Remotely operated, social distance compliant, hair clippers for hire.
Can easily be adapted to mount in woodworking vice.
Supplied with 2m (longer lengths available :wink: ) cords tied to trigger and cocking lever.

post1138728.html#p1138728
! wouldn't let you with in 2 metres of me with that thing in your mitt. :wink:

Latest posts

Back