Last chance to see Vulcan XH588 fly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":32o74p5y said:
sunnybob":32o74p5y said:
-Matt-":32o74p5y said:
I live in the next village to, and work in, Elvington. The past few weeks has seen it fly over 4 times and last Thursday treated us to a full 20 minute display. The entire industrial estate was out in their carparks looking to the sky.
Absolutely awesome to watch, and although I'm too young to have been around for when they were in use (Born '87)

I last saw a vulcan fly when I was 10, I've just passed my 66th. That memory is still very clear in my mind, I am extremely upset that I cant get to see the last one, but I'm 2000 miles west of it, so I shall have to rely on pictures.

As a side note, when they were rebuilding this, they held a day where they got the kawasaki Vulcan riders association to stage a vulcans under a vulcan day.

Something wrong with your calculator, Bob!! Born '87 and just passed your 66th ? :D
youve somehow got two posts mixed up. I'm the 66 year old, I dont live england, and this is the very first time I have regretted it (lol)

All very nostalgic, memories can be somewhat tainted if you've had to service the beast out on the pan with a strong wind blowing.

Only had to do it on a visitor at Throckmorton a couple of times but had to crawl around Valliant's (WP200 & its replacement *3**?) a little more often and it wasn't a picnic.

Here's todays (21st June) routing with timings. Fingers crossed the fog stays away from Weston.

CIA3U1kWgAAMQVe.jpg

CIA3U1lWoAAkuP-.jpg

Later today, there's a fair chance the Red Arrows will overfly our house en route to a flypast over Malvern. Been pouring over the NOTAMS and maps !

Back