Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plantagenist":15ic72zb said:
Lons: I would be grateful for a copy of Kitty 5 Combi Manual, the machine I have has been stored in a shed for some time, needs new belts but looks ok, the manual would help me work out if any thing is missing.
Thanks
No problem. pm me your email address and I'll send it.

Where are you in Northumberland? I'm not far north of Morpeth and might be able to help should you need it. Even if that's just the chance to compare with my K5. I'll email my tel number as well if of any use.

Do you know which model it is? the early ones had spayed legs followed by a beige rectangular frame then green.

cheers
Bob

Hi would it be possible if somebody could e-mail me the kity k5 instructions please as I've just been given one and I'm not 100% if I've got it set up correctly and its not been used in years all tho it was well looked after and there's lot of add ons for it
my email is filmstar911 AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
thanks

filmstar":wbrz5z55 said:
Hi would it be possible if somebody could e-mail me the kity k5 instructions please as I've just been given one and I'm not 100% if I've got it set up correctly and its not been used in years all tho it was well looked after and there's lot of add ons for it
my email is filmstar911 AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
thanks

Will send it tonight

Post a pic of your machine out of interest please
Bob

The plane and the chuck need a good clean
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 1,593
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 1,594
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 1,593
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,593
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,593
Almost identical to mine but it needs a bit of tlc and a de-rust :)

One of the items in your no 5 pic looks like a router fence and certainly isn't something I've seen on a K5.

I note that you have a bobbin sander and also the comb jointer attatchments as well as some decent moulding blades but can't see any morticing bits. The machines were supplied with 3 sizes up to 10 mm dia but note that they must be reverse cut bits - i.e. the chuck turns anticlockwise when you face it.

The sander isn't bad though small and I've never used the comb jointer in all the years I've had it.

Look in the handbook or email me if you need advice

cheers
Bob

I'm looking at buying one on a local for sale site. It's a green one and the owner is the original owner and appears to have all the bits n bobs with it. He's asking $725 for it but it also has a kity dust collector included. As I'm in the US, these things are pretty rare to find so I'm not sure if that price is reasonable for it's capabilities?

I would appreciate if I could have the manual emailed to me so I can see the specifications of it before I drive two hours to look at it. My addy is guardian256 AT myactv DOT NET

deshi":ed5ap48f said:
I'm looking at buying one on a local for sale site. It's a green one and the owner is the original owner and appears to have all the bits n bobs with it. He's asking $725 for it but it also has a kity dust collector included. As I'm in the US, these things are pretty rare to find so I'm not sure if that price is reasonable for it's capabilities?

I would appreciate if I could have the manual emailed to me so I can see the specifications of it before I drive two hours to look at it. My addy is guardian256 AT myactv DOT NET

It's probably a later model "bestcombi" if it's green / red. Slightly different dia spindles but basically the same.
$725 is approx £450 UK which I think is a little on the high side but supply and demand probably makes a difference if scarce in the US so not unreasonable especially if you can get some tooling thrown in as well.

Manual on its way - pdf files need to be unpacked with winrar or similar.

cheers
Bob

deshi":3c6wlq3d said:
Cheers for the pdf's mate.

This is the machine

Hope the pdfs are of interest.
It's a 5 function Bestcombi. Will have 30mm moulder spindle rather than 20mm on the previous K5 model.

Are the guards for the surface planer and spindle moulder missing btw, or just not in the photo?

Bob

They're in a separate photo of the extra parts. I'm still sitting on the fence as to buy this or not. If the thicknesser capacity was bigger I wouldn't be so hesitant.

deshi":51ng83ix said:
They're in a separate photo of the extra parts. I'm still sitting on the fence as to buy this or not. If the thicknesser capacity was bigger I wouldn't be so hesitant.

The capacities are quite limited but then the machine was firmly aimed at the DIY market.

I've had mine from new well over 20 years now and have kept it even though I also now have much larger seperate machines. As I have limited workshop space I need to pull out the machines to use them and the K5 which is kept in a seperate garage and easy to access for quick small jobs. I've even taken it on to site several times though it is a bit of a pain to get on to the trailer or into the van.

Bob

Hiya everyone I have a friend who has recently purchased a kity but there is no manual, I see on here its possible to be sent a copy by folks who are in a position to.
Thank you in anticipation.

sizsells":2lmka572 said:
Hiya everyone I have a friend who has recently purchased a kity but there is no manual, I see on here its possible to be sent a copy by folks who are in a position to.

Where are you? I'm in Northumberland as well.
i have the manual as a pdf along with some other blurb and I've emailed at least 50 out so far. I'd need your email address to do so and if you look back through the posts on this thread you'll find mine.
regards
Bob

Lons":3d3rg7ly said:
sizsells":3d3rg7ly said:

Where are you? I'm in Northumberland as well.
i have the manual as a pdf along with some other blurb and I've emailed at least 50 out so far. I'd need your email address to do so and if you look back through the posts on this thread you'll find mine.
regards
Bob

I,m in bedlington my addy is Cyrilgreenacre at hot mail . com

And thank you very much my friend will be delighted

oops all small case may I add

Hi Cyril

I'm 20 mins from you just north of Morpeth so keep hold of my email address in case your mate wants any advice at some stage.

Will send pdf tonight. Will be a .rar file so will need to be unpacked but easy to do, just ask if you have problems.
Must be a lot of K5s around still, I've sent another two to South Africa and the USA last weekend.

What colour / shape stand has your mates machine got?

Bob

Lons":3avamw6q said:
Hi Cyril

I'm 20 mins from you just north of Morpeth so keep hold of my email address in case your mate wants any advice at some stage.

Will send pdf tonight. Will be a .rar file so will need to be unpacked but easy to do, just ask if you have problems.
Must be a lot of K5s around still, I've sent another two to South Africa and the USA last weekend.

What colour / shape stand has your mates machine got?

Bob

Thank you sir its very kind of you I will ring my friend tomorrow with the news he will be delighted I will find out a bit more information for you with regards to colour etc.

I have just bought an old K5 and so far have been very impressed with it. It has needed some rust removal but everything is now moving freely.
So where can I buy Top Hats to fit a euro type of moulder cutters? I have some rusty 'French Cutters' but no one has a good word for them although they look secure when fitted.

nrh199":43pku7bg said:
I have just bought an old K5 and so far have been very impressed with it. It has needed some rust removal but everything is now moving freely.
So where can I buy Top Hats to fit a euro type of moulder cutters? I have some rusty 'French Cutters' but no one has a good word for them although they look secure when fitted.

You're right about the french head cutters but they have a notch in the bottom which locates over the spindle and as long as tightened with both the bolt and nut they are pretty secure. I've never had a problem in 20 odd years but the secret really is to check tightness regularly and make sure the cutters are sharp and balanced. All just basic common sense.

There were several people selling the top hat washers on ebay but I can't remember the listing headings, you might have to search spindle moulders and wade through it.

I got a local engineer (anyone with a metal lathe?) to make me up a couple of sleeve bushings and use a flat washer top and bottom - works a treat.

You need to check the spindle dia on your machine as very early ones had 15mm, mine has 20mm and latest 30mm You dont need washers if 30mm)

Bob

Hi Bob

Just acquired a 'woodmen rs', which is the rebadged Kity K5, I beleive (see below). Would it be possible for you to send the manual to me as well? Thanks in advance, email address is 'd [dot] ianlindsay [at] gmail [dot] com'.

Cheers
Ian

IMG_20140107_153907.jpg

IMG_20140107_153857.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140107_153857.jpg
    IMG_20140107_153857.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_20140107_153907.jpg
    IMG_20140107_153907.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,329
Back