Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sears69":gwxqsq9r said:
Hi,

Recently bought kitty K5, cream and splayed legs.

I'm after a manual. Do you have one that you could email to me?

I'd really like to get it up and running but not fully sure what I'm missing and what it should be able to do.

Please send to leakesrow(at)aol(dot)com

Many thanks in anticipation

Lons who has the post above yours has a K5 machine and has helped many people out with a copy of the manual but I think that he is away for several weeks in Australia. It may be a good idea to send him a pm so he sees this or repost on this thread again in a week or two.
If you have no luck in the next week or two I have a copy that he sent me but I am unsure how to email it to you but I will try if he doesn't respond I'm sure he would not mind me doing that.

hi friends, i have just bought the kity 5 bestcombi which is in reasonable condition, just a little bit surface rust on the planer block and the mortice chuck. it came with a manual which although is in a sorry state is still readable however it doesnt explain how to connect the spindle moulder to the motor, can anyone tell me how to do this and is there anywhere i can get spares as it is missing the chuck key a few cutter blades for the spindle moulder and probably other bits and pieces. hope you all have a good new year, many thanks for your help. regards gary.

gazsimpson":25mzwpz8 said:
hi friends, i have just bought the kity 5 bestcombi which is in reasonable condition, just a little bit surface rust on the planer block and the mortice chuck. it came with a manual which although is in a sorry state is still readable however it doesnt explain how to connect the spindle moulder to the motor, can anyone tell me how to do this and is there anywhere i can get spares as it is missing the chuck key a few cutter blades for the spindle moulder and probably other bits and pieces. hope you all have a good new year, many thanks for your help. regards gary.

I have answered you're previous question on this machine . It's under Kity 5 bestcombi, which may be you're first query on this.
Seasons greetings and regards Rodders

hi Rodders, have now seen your previous message, 'sorry im not very good with modern technology' . there looks to be a date on the faceplate on the machine which i assume as the manufacture date '1987', it is the green model which is on a cabinet with wheels at one end, the cutter block has a 30mm bore i think, on the block itself has the numbers 84 x 40 x 30 and there is a cutter box that came with the machine which has 30mm bore printed on the front. it came with a pair of cutters which look like tongue and groove cutters and a couple of others that im not sure of but look like they are for cutting coves or similar, there is also a pair in the block already which are just straight bits. the pair and the cove cutters are also bigger in size than the tongue and groove pair, not sure why. i have just tried connecting the spindle motor to the motor and its working fine. thanks for your help, regards Gary.

gazsimpson":103mannm said:
hi Rodders, have now seen your previous message, 'sorry im not very good with modern technology' . there looks to be a date on the faceplate on the machine which i assume as the manufacture date '1987', it is the green model which is on a cabinet with wheels at one end, the cutter block has a 30mm bore i think, on the block itself has the numbers 84 x 40 x 30 and there is a cutter box that came with the machine which has 30mm bore printed on the front. it came with a pair of cutters which look like tongue and groove cutters and a couple of others that im not sure of but look like they are for cutting coves or similar, there is also a pair in the block already which are just straight bits. the pair and the cove cutters are also bigger in size than the tongue and groove pair, not sure why. i have just tried connecting the spindle motor to the motor and its working fine. thanks for your help, regards Gary.

gazsimpson, at least you found it! You'll probably agree, later, that the kity, despite its size limitations, is a very good and versatile machine.
It will probably pay you to make something small, but using all the 5 items even if it were, say a small door or a box for some tools that you can perhap incorporate and fit on something later.
just go along nice and steady! Enjoy yourself Regards Rodders

Stephen101":1dn6fabb said:
Hi there,
Unsure if anyone is still active in here? I have a k5 machine that belonged to my dad, long storey short I am looking to sell if it is worth anything to anyone. It does not work although you can hear the buzz and hum of the electricity inside the motor, I know little about this machine but if anyone is interested let me know and we can go from there. Thank you

For sale as spares or repairs unless someone wanted to investigate the non working issue and fix it? Will sell cheap simply to shift it - seems a shame to scrap it considering people still use these.
Thanks
Stephen

Stephen101":3qpi8qnh said:
Stephen101":3qpi8qnh said:
Hi there,
Unsure if anyone is still active in here? I have a k5 machine that belonged to my dad, long storey short I am looking to sell if it is worth anything to anyone. It does not work although you can hear the buzz and hum of the electricity inside the motor, I know little about this machine but if anyone is interested let me know and we can go from there. Thank you

For sale as spares or repairs unless someone wanted to investigate the non working issue and fix it? Will sell cheap simply to shift it - seems a shame to scrap it considering people still use these.
Thanks
Stephen

Hello, I'm not interested myself as mine just keeps going.
These machines either go for not a lot, around £100. or and sometimes, occasionally, more than £300.00.
That humming, Sounds sounds like the starter capacitator, try spinning the pulley, carefully, as you switch on it may well go, just mind you're fingers!
There are some electrical wizards here who may well identify the problem, and possibly tell you how to fix it.
I suggest you get the motor fixed, clean it up well, get everything sharp, and get it on ebay, Gumtree, or similar.
In rough condition you may well not get £50.00, or even a bid!
I personally feel that mine, with a couple of spare saw blades and a spare set of planer irons and some spindle cutters is worth around £200-£250.00 Problem is, they are a bit small in capacity
HTH, And I hope you find a buyer, regards Rodders

Hi Guys
Back from down under now (still can't get warmed up, was a hell of a shock dropping 30 deg from Dubai to newcastle :shock: ).
It looks as though most of the questions have been answered fully but if anyone still need the manual, send me a pm and I'll sort it out, also any outstanding questions by the same method would be easier than me reading through droves of posts and I'll help if I can.

cheers
Bob

Phil Casey":27xsuvqw said:
Hi Bob,

Can you email me a copy of the manual of the Kitty Best combi?
Hi Phil

You need to send me a pm with your email address before I can email you the files. alternatively, my email is on some of these posts if you care to look. i'm always cautious posting it as it generates loads of spam
cheers
Bob

Hi Phil
Just seen your post and have sent the file, hope it helps.

I've sent out well over a hundred of these now but Just a note to anyone requesting a copy, you need to pm me your email address rather than just post it up as don't check the forum every day whereas a pm is notified via my normal email.

cheers
Bob

Hi Lons - I have just bought an old but perfect K%. The main bits are obvious, but there are a load of accessories I haven't worked out yet. If you still have that manual, I would be ever grateful. Not sure how to pm you though.

rippa700":3g2i1gdx said:
Hi Lons - I have just bought an old but perfect K%. The main bits are obvious, but there are a load of accessories I haven't worked out yet. If you still have that manual, I would be ever grateful. Not sure how to pm you though.
Just post a few times, any old nonsense will do as plenty of that on the forums :lol: then just press the pm button on one of my posts and send me your email address so I can sent the files to you.

Bob

Edit:
Rodders have given great advice !

I've sent you a pm with my email address.

Hello rippa and welcome, Winkleigh's not too far from me!
Nice to hear from another Kity/K5 owner, mine's a 1979 model and all still good.
I think I'm right in saying you can post pic's right away, but have to size them, stick some on
To pm lons, just go to his post and click on the PM button, then the personal message system opens up.
I believe you may need 3, or even 5, posts to do this, I can never remember, bang on some replies/questions.
Which k5 is you'rs? does the bench have the splayed legs, (early), or square legs, (later)?
The date of manufacture is on a plate on the motor, between the saw bench and motor,
It's easier to take the belt off, or use a mirror.
Earlier model had a 15mm spindle shaft, then 20mm followed, I believe by 30mm shaft, on the later green ones.
I suggest, unless you are experienced you be extremely careful of the spindle, particularly the slotted collars on the older
15mm model, careful setting and frequent checking of the nuts and allen screws are the order of the day, to keep the shrapnel at bay!
Regards Rodders

i have actually just gotten one of these machines, a few of the accessories are missing, full working condition though, i stripped and cleaned it this past weekend.

donovanporter":3opj5ykw said:
i have actually just gotten one of these machines, a few of the accessories are missing, full working condition though, i stripped and cleaned it this past weekend.
hi Donovan
I received your email this morning and will send the pdf asap.

Where is RSA are you?

Bob

Back