Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Bob - I've been trawling desperately for any manuals/info for a Kity 5 - don't suppose you could make available to me please?
Brian

Bookworm1":3vo49cvn said:
Hello Bob - I've been trawling desperately for any manuals/info for a Kity 5 - don't suppose you could make available to me please?
Brian

No probs - pm sent

Bookworm1":227bv1f7 said:
Brian

On its way Brian

Hi Bob - using my Kity machine with confidence thanks to your instruction leaflets - really appreciate the time you took on this.
Brian

Bookworm1":3ampxjy1 said:
Hi Bob - using my Kity machine with confidence thanks to your instruction leaflets - really appreciate the time you took on this.
Brian

No probs Brian, pleased to be able to help, just ask if you need any other info

cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,
I also need the manual for the K5. I'd be very grateful if you could send the files to this email address:
arthurcronin (at) hotmail (dot) com

Regards,
Arthur Cronin

ACronin":2xd3z0kk said:
Hi Bob,
I also need the manual for the K5. I'd be very grateful if you could send the files to this email address:
arthurcronin (at) hotmail (dot) com

Regards,
Arthur Cronin

Hi Arthur

It's saved on my other computer but will send as soon as I can access it

cheers

Bob

Hi Arthur

Just sent the file.

Make sure your virus checker doesn't block it as it is a self extracting rar file and will show as an application.

cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for sending on the files. I never thought I'd be able to find the original manual for the K5.

Regards,
Arthur Cronin.

HI, I just got a Kity K5 that my father left me but there were no manual or user instructions.

Is there anybody that have these and would like to share them.

My mail is [email protected]

Hi, I have a Woodman K5, would it be the forerunner of the Kity K5 or was it a clone? Sadly my machine is now in poor, but restorable condition, are they worth the effort? Also are the flat belts still available, as even my 'new' ones seem to have perished. I would like to to get the thing working again to go in the new workshop I am building at the moment.

Gareth

Hi Gareth

I'm not 100% certain but I believe that the Kity K5 was rebadged as a "woodman" specifically for a dealer in Co. Durham as an "own label" machine. (can't remember the dealer name). They used to advertise in Woodworker mag in the 80s if I remember correctly.

belts are still available I think - do a search for Kity spare but in any event flat belts are not difficult to find. The spare I have was bought many years ago so no recent experience.

Has yours got splayed legs (earliest version) or a square box type stand? I have some early brochures and of course the manual on pdf if you need anything, just pm me

cheers

Bob

Hi Bob

My machine is the splayed leg type, in the cream colour. I am lucky in that I have eight double sided A4 sheets that appear to be instructions, but it starts with the tenoning device and ends with the grinding attachment.

Gareth

t8hants":3p6cgo0n said:
Hi Bob

My machine is the splayed leg type, in the cream colour. I am lucky in that I have eight double sided A4 sheets that appear to be instructions, but it starts with the tenoning device and ends with the grinding attachment.

Gareth

Hi Gareth

Definately an early machine, the later ones like mine didn't have the grinder attachment or tennoning jig though available as accessories.
I assume you have a table saw, planer / thicknesser / spindle moulder and if lucky, a mortice attachment.

these are all individual machines just bolted to the table to access the single motor and pretty simple. I think these are the same as later versions but not certain if bore sizes were changed then (15mm saw / 20mm spindle).

I don't have instructions for yours but you are welcome to the later manual if you want it (pdf).

cheers
Bob

Hi Bob

A copy of the later manual would be very useful, as the early one is very basic, thank you for the offer. The spindle is the 20mm diameter veriety, if I can get it all up and running again I think I might try and converrt the spindle block to a more modern size.

Gareth

t8hants":szr1g2t9 said:
Hi Bob

A copy of the later manual would be very useful, as the early one is very basic, thank you for the offer. The spindle is the 20mm diameter veriety, if I can get it all up and running again I think I might try and converrt the spindle block to a more modern size.

Gareth

Hi Gareth

No need to convert the spindle. Just buy , or have made an insert or pair of top hat adapters to use a 30mm block - I've done it for years.

You need to pm me your email address so I can send the file. I't's 6.3mb, compressed rar pdf file and I made it self extracting so will flag up as an application (exe) which may be blocked by your antivirus or server. You need to make sure it can get through - don't worry it's safe as some other forum members will testify :)

Bob

Hello,
May I request a copy of the of the K5 instruction manual please. I have mislaid mine and wish to supply the new owner of my K5 with full instruction manuals.
Many thanks.
grandad fatboy

michaelo7800":2yx5yrif said:
Hi, would it be possible to also get a copy of the manual. I am reassembling my machine after many years in boxes and the manual seems to be lost in the domestic filing system.

Thanks,

Michael

pm sent Michael
You need to forward me your email address

Bob

Hi Bob,
Many thanks for the copies you sent me of the documents you have for the K5. It is very greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.
Ian

Back