Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lingnerguitars":12pxcgls said:
Hello,

I have a green KITY K5 and I am missing the riving knife for the table saw. Do you guys know where I can get a replacement one?

Here is a picture of the riving knife in the manual

There is the 1.5mm and the 2.5mm. The 1.5 mm ref. # is 50 2331 and the 2.5 mm ref. # is 50 2332.

Any help would be great.

One other question about the KITY, I am struggling with getting the belts on easily, in the manual it says to 'move the machine' to fix the belt tension issue.. I guess I don't understand how you do that!

Thanks guys.

Hi

Firstly, I'm in your part of the world on holiday at the minute (Death Valley writing this and on tomorrow to mammoth lakes etc etc ).

Riving knife - very doubtfull you would buy a replacement but you don't need it as you can have them made or make yourself. A number of general posts on UKW regarding custom replacements.

Adjusting tension - From memory, the spindle moulder and planer/thicknesser can be adjusted by loosening the bolts fixing to table and easing along. Don't think the saw tension is not adjustable. (haven't needed to change mine since set up 25 years ago).
Are you sure it needs it and not just your technique? Difficult to explain but you just "roll" it on whilst turning the spindle - easy once you know how.

regards

Bob

Hi All,

I have just acquired a Kity K5 Combi Machine. This is my very first dabble into this type of machinery so I am looking for a manual.

I would be most grateful if anyone could email me a copy of the manual please. My email is dsawilliams (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

davewill":3rcc3xmb said:
Hi All,

I have just acquired a Kity K5 Combi Machine. This is my very first dabble into this type of machinery so I am looking for a manual.

I would be most grateful if anyone could email me a copy of the manual please. My email is dsawilliams (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

No problem Dave, it's sent. check your email

cheers

Bob

Hi Bob, I just got my hands on a kity k5 and would very much appreciate if you could send me on the manual. pph1982(at)gmail(dot)com.
Sorry my first post is looking for a manual but the forum looks great and i will contribute.,

bizzyb":2haqnal5 said:
Hi Bob, I just got my hands on a kity k5 and would very much appreciate if you could send me on the manual. pph1982(at)gmail(dot)com.
Sorry my first post is looking for a manual but the forum looks great and i will contribute.,

No probs

Will sort it out tonight

Bob

Lons":2arxf7tt said:
bizzyb":2arxf7tt said:

No probs

Will sort it out tonight

Bob

Thank you for taking the time to email me Bob, i really appreciate it.

bizzyb":wpzjron8 said:
Thank you for taking the time to email me Bob, i really appreciate it.

Happy to be of help. If you have any questions just post. Most members here will be only too pleased to offer advice.

cheers

Bob

Just wondering did anyone ever make a small cross cut sled for the table saw on there Kity and if so how do you find it?

bizzyb":2j821vap said:
Just wondering did anyone ever make a small cross cut sled for the table saw on there Kity and if so how do you find it?

I haven't but see no reason for it not to work. Downside is that the blade is only 200mm so capacity could be a problem.

Bob

I wonder if i used 9mm birch plywood to maximize the cutting debt of the saw and try and get two pieces of steel to fit into the tracks and screw them to the plywood,the steel would stabilize the 9mm plywood.I wonder what length and width sled it would comfortably take?

bizzyb":1b0z7kpm said:
I wonder if i used 9mm birch plywood to maximize the cutting debt of the saw and try and get two pieces of steel to fit into the tracks and screw them to the plywood,the steel would stabilize the 9mm plywood.I wonder what length and width sled it would comfortably take?

Dunno about length / width bizzy, you'll have to experiment I think. My table has the extension fitted but its a bit flimsy tbh. If you use WBP ply it will be less susceptible to moisture affecting it especially if you seal or varnish it.

Might be able to use MDF or MHDF again sealed. Dont see why you can't use hardwood runners. Might be worth trying first before incurring costs for metal runners.

Bob

Hi am new and have been lurking gleaning knowledge for a while, please could you email the k5 manual would be very grateful.
Many thanks

Shoots

Shoots2121 gmail com

Many thanks
Again

Shoots2121":2mbdjanf said:
Hi am new and have been lurking gleaning knowledge for a while, please could you email the k5 manual would be very grateful.
Many thanks

Shoots

Shoots2121 gmail com

Many thanks
Again

Hi Shoots

Cando no problem but it's on my desktop at the minute which needs some attention so might be a couple of days or so.

Out of interest, which K5 do you have? eg - colour / shape etc.?

cheers

Bob

Hi I am new here but I have a set of top hat bushes 30mm to 20mm I bought them to a previous project but never used them. They cost me £20.00 plus the postage if any one interested.

John

Jojo":10ieuxid said:
Hi I am new here but I have a set of top hat bushes 30mm to 20mm I bought them to a previous project but never used them. They cost me £20.00 plus the postage if any one interested.

John

Hi John

They need to be posted in the for sale section.
I don't know how many posts you need first but wouldn't be difficult to achieve those.

Bob

Lons could you e-mail me the kity k5 instructions aswell please. Im picking up my new toy at the weekend and it doesn't come with any. Thanks Ian

ianholmescarpentry AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

cityian":3q6p8xis said:
Lons could you e-mail me the kity k5 instructions aswell please. Im picking up my new toy at the weekend and it doesn't come with any. Thanks Ian

ianholmescarpentry AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

No problem Ian. will try to sort it tonight

Bob

Done:

Lons: I would be grateful for a copy of Kitty 5 Combi Manual, the machine I have has been stored in a shed for some time, needs new belts but looks ok, the manual would help me work out if any thing is missing.
Thanks

Back