Kity 626 spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johners77

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

First post so go easy on me. I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge.

I have just purchased a Kity 626 spindle moulder and am after some advice. I will be using it for small jobs on cricket bats ( profiling the face of the bat before pressing and cutting the shoulders)

Does anyone have access to a user manual? i can only seem to find some on ebay which are no longer available or a few from dodgy looking websites.

I have contacted Whitehill reference some new tooling and they have asked various questions to determine the correct tooling. I understand the spindle is 20mm so will need some spacers but the others i dont know.

Max height of cutter block?
Max width of cutter block?
Max weight for the shaft?
Diameter of the clamping nut on the shaft?

I dont actually have access to the machine for a couple of days which is why i thought id ask the question on here and make sure im doing it right.

thanks

Try the first item in this thread http://thewoodhaven.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... =19&t=2026

Initial navigation is in French - Machines a bois == woodworking machinery

Then scroll down for Kity.

I've got the 628 with 30mm spindle. On your 20mm spindle I'd not fancy using much more than a aluminium 40mm block

The securing bolt on mine is M14 (22mm a/f), I'd expect yours to me smaller possibly M12 (19mm a/f) but it is easy to measure anyway.

hth
MM

thanks MM ill take a look.

I shouldnt need too big a block on it tbh but i obviously want it to be safe. the other option is having a new spindle made. make it 30mm rather than 20mm. anyone have any experience in doing this?

thanks

My feeling would be that the whole design will be geared to the 20mm spindle size ie the bearings will be smaller as will be the casting.
Just increasing the top of the spindle to 30mm will not make it any stiffer IMHO.
All you need are a couple of top hat washers to convert from 20mm to the more standard 30mm. You might find a used block on ebay. If you get that first then it maybe you will need 20mm to 1-1/4" top hats instead.

MM

any idea where i can get some top hats from or is custom made the only option? Whitehill have told me that its impossible on my machine so not to bother but im sure others must have done it. yes it will have its limitations but so does any machine

However it turns out, please consider advice / training before you use your moulder, they can be very unforgiving.
(homer)

Johners77":1d5amkax said:
any idea where i can get some top hats from or is custom made the only option? Whitehill have told me that its impossible on my machine so not to bother but im sure others must have done it. yes it will have its limitations but so does any machine
I know it has been some time since this post. I have the same machine and was wondering how you got on with tooling

It scares me that anyone can buy a spindle moulder and even a router. A spindle moulder is probably the most dangerous tool In a workshop and to think anyone can pick one up and crack on, is scary.

Back