Kity 613 Bandsaw wheels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, sorry, I'm getting four minute photos first time, then nothing. Second time I'm getting nothing at all . I'm not getting a link on your "THIS", either. Don't worry, it's probably my computer - it new . it's Windows 8, and it's baffling all of us. Not that it takes anything after the on/off switch to baffle me!

I'll have a look for videos for the miter gauge... I just couldn't see how it'd work as it looks like I'd end up pushing against the side of the blade...

On the fence, if it was attached with the black screw, the back end moves freely so needs me to hold it steady with one hand. isn't there something needed to secure the far end?

The fence needs to be parallel to the side of the blade to set the final adjustment the 2 bolts that go up into the fence that can be seen on picture 3 are loosened off and the fence set then the bolts are re tightened the bolts on yours must be loose for the front of the fence to move.

Hi Guys, I'm aware that this is an old thread, but was wondering if any of you still have a kity 613 as I have just gotten hold of one and I'm in the process of stripping it down and cleaning it up.

Cheers

Michael

I do Michael, happy to offer any advice - though I should warn you that I'm normally the one asking questions rather than answering them :p

Chris

I've got one and it's a great machine. Ananimal - I take it you've sussed that the mitre guide should slide in the slot by now? ;)

Noggsy":2ils9338 said:
I've got one and it's a great machine. Ananimal - I take it you've sussed that the mitre guide should slide in the slot by now? ;)
Haha yes thanks, I had to give it a few passes over the grinding wheel as the rail had warped a little and wouldn't slide, all is good now... Next thing for mine is to upgrade the fence as mine is a bit wobbly and imprecise.

That's good to hear guys. Apologies for the slow response though, I've only just worked out how to get notifications!!

Mine is now all cleaned up and I'm going to get the tuffsaw blades installed...Then it's going through the setup before starting project numero uno!

Still can't work out how best to set up a fence...would these work, or am I better off just clamping something straight to the table?

210165_xl.jpg

http://www.axminster.co.uk/united-clamp-cutting-guide-635mm-25?gclid=CLCY2pXLtb4CFQP3wgod6r8ASg

Oh and my wheels would not come off with any reasonable force, despite removing the circlips...and I decided that since they seemed to spin well for quite a while on their own with almost zero sound, then I would more likely do more damage by taking them off!!

(oh and apologies for the huge image from the axminster site!!) :shock:

Going back to the mitre guide, as it is, it cant be used. There is an aluminium profile that fits on it that is missing. If asked, I'll try to take a photo of mine later and post it.

Back