Just Finished This DVD Library

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent job Mark, I do hope they paid you well! :D

I'd be careful in that first picture with your coffee mug, I know oak can stain very easily! :wink:

As for the actual panels, are they solid oak also? Or did you (can you?) buy MDF or ply and laminate it? From the photo's. they look just like ordinary flat panels - though, I could be wrong...

I also agree about the finish. Did they specify white oak or did you suggest it?

3650 is an awful lot... I made a shelf unit to take DVDs a year ago and that's almost full with 'just' about 70! :shock:

Oswaldo...

The coffe cups on a misscut (so scrap) panel. As with all customers, they want the most they can get, but for the least amount of hard cash.

The panels / carcasses are cabinet grade ply and not Oak veneered.

The facing frames and door stiles and rails, plinth, and cornice are solid American white oak. 32mm X 150mm boards and linear metres ordered was 86m all from Atkins & Cripps. I let them select the boards although I have been dealing with them for 20 Years so I do trust them and also send them back when they occasionally send me propellors.

The corner (open) units are 18mm crown oak veneered mdf for both the carcass and the shelves.

The centre panels for the doors are 6mm crown oak mdf.

As far as the colour, originally they was happy with the suggestion of American white oak, but then later wanted to darken it to give an aged feel.

Price wise, over £7500 and below £10000.

Marky

Back