Just Finished This DVD Library

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky

Established Member
Reaction score
Some photos of what I have been working on.

A bit of work in progress and the finished thing.

I didnt choose the final colour, I would have left it as white oak but hey, the customer knows best.

Anyway, all done and paid so no worries.

Marky

ecc13733.jpg

ecc1372b.jpg

ecc1371b.jpg

ecc1370f.jpg

Finally done it

Hi Marky, you need to end the url at the point after jpg at the moment every line looks like this jpg&.src=ph. even then it might not work because your pic are on a Yahoo/Btinternet site and I've had trouble in the past trying to post pic that are stored on Yahoo. Try a different pic posting site like flickr.

very nice Mark, how many DVDs does it hold?

Including the units that replace the windows on the first picture. Accessed from the other room.

The client has a rarther large collection.

Marky

My son asked me to make a dvd rack or something for him to, he doesn't come close to the 4000 but he is more than half-way there.

so I might be stealling some of your ideas

looks really good 8)

Very nice ! Its a shame the customer is always right eh .

Tell me about it. They are very good clients but just keep changing their minds.

The final finish was 2 coats of liberon walnut spirit stain, 1 coat danish oil and 1 coat of black bison liquid wax.

I can tell you, by yhe end I was pretty cheesed off with brushes and rags...

9fingers":21nz4ulr said:
Hmm! 3650 DVDs - that is a different one every day for 10 years!!!!!!
Your client needs to get some hobbies.
Bob

I'm guessing they collect DVD's as a hobby.. :lol:

Andrew

That is fantastic Marky. I wish I had the room for something like that. I was thinking of making a DVD rack but nothing along those lines. Brilliant piece mate. :D

Oh, thats easily rectified, they have a home cinema with certainly the largest flat screen ive ever seen - big reclining chairs and blackout curtains. how the other half live...

Very nice Marky,

I too wonder about the sanity of such a large dvd collection but then I do not own a DVD player ('cept on the mac) and only half a dozen videos.

Andy

Back