Joke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noel":3jmkxmbq said:
It was a bit elitist too. Why couldn't the person just go into Fishing Rods R Us?
In a street and town and country without a name of course.

Not to mention sexist, although I just did... doh!

Why wasn't she getting a rod for a grand daughter?

Hmmmm that Blister fella has many questions to answer me thinks.

studders":3vcxnc1a said:
Hmmmm that Blister fella has many questions to answer me thinks.

Yes, he should have mentioned that fishing rods and reels are also available from retailers other than Harrods...........

Smudger":2n5h5hg4 said:
Why don't you simply stop offending people?

I actually find your serial evangelizing offensive.

I treat people with respect because they earn it. Nothing to do with their sexuality, race, colour or creed.

if they act like an a*sehole then they are an a*sehole.

Russ":3d50thm8 said:
? This forum used to be good.............. What's happened?

someone told an irish joke last week, some one else took offence and chipped, and the wheels started falling off

Smudger":defqca3o said:
Some people need to realise that offending other people for the sake of it is neither big nor clever.

and equally taking offence for the hell of it is neither big nor clever either

Don't think the Irish can be classified as a race, can they?

Noel":w5uze53o said:

I can feel a joke about irish athletes coming on - but i'll control my baser urges :D

but technically you are right - they arent a race in the same way that afrocaribean is a race , but they are a determinable ethnic grouping so technically the complaint should have been that then joke was determinal ethnic groupist :D

Noel":2r9865dz said:

Well to be honest the objection was to a joke about a stereotype.

The sort of thing that Victor Meldrew would get hot under the collar about ... but that's just another stereotype, ie a grumpy, old man.

studders":1v007s12 said:
Celts?? Are/were they a Race :duno:

well yes - but the irish celts became ethnically different from those on mainland britain because they were never subdued and thus interbred with by the romans

after the romans left the irish celts used to raid the romano british celts and in fact occuipied several areas of wales including anglesey and lleyn (previously the british kingdomn of henis wyren), and the kingdom of dyfed

the irish celts were also not invaded by either the saxons or the danes - though there were norse kingdoms in ireland (particularly arround dublin)

then later still after the english invasion of ireland, lowland scots were brought in to do supervisor an enforcement type roles - and these scots may or may not have been celtic

all of which is a long winded way of saying that celtic and irish are not the same thing and the same stereotypes dont necessarily attach to the other celtic ethnicities ( welsh, cornish, scottish, and breton)

nanscombe":3rfvs7nh said:
Noel":3rfvs7nh said:

The sort of thing that Victor Meldrew would get hot under the collar about ... but that's just another stereotype, ie a grumpy, old man.

Not quite, the person continually taking offence considers all Irish humour to be racist, his description.

Paul Chapman":8iihu4g1 said:
studders":8iihu4g1 said:
There was this Bloke.... (a) not sure what nationality he was, or what race or colour as I didn't actually see him, I was told about him by another, third party.

Where was I ??? oh yeah...

There was this Bloke (a) right,
and he went into a Pub..... (b) not sure where the Pub was or even what Country it was in. Might not even have been a Pub at all.

So anyway...

There was this unknown Bloke (a) who went into an unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord (c) it might not have been Hello, it may have been some other greeting, in a different language entirely. I guess it just depends on where this Pub is exactly.
But, back to the joke.

There was this bloke (a) who went into a Pub (b)
"Hello" (c) said the Landlord (d) No details about the Landlord are available to me at this time.. ,
So to recap..

There was this unknown bloke (a)
Who went into an as yet unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord , about who we know nothing at this time.
"What can I get you?" (please bear point c in mind here)
"I'd like a large one please" said the bloke (a with c applicable) to the Landlord (d)
"Wouldn't we All? "(c) said the Landlord (d) to the bloke (a)

Oh.. how they all laughed.

It has just been pointed out to me that it might not have been a bloke (a) at all. Just as well really otherwise the joke may have come across as sexist.

=D> =D> :lol:

Ha Ha very good Studders :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Mike

I think maybe we a being unfair on ol Smudge.
He must have a great sense of humour, after all he CHOOSES to live with the French.

8-[ it;s still OK to insult the french ain't it 8-[
I mean England has not totally gone to the dogs has it?

Smudger":qtsrc78r said:
it is neither big nor clever.

Good God!
I've just realised Mr Smudge musta been one of my teachers. :shock:

Or do they have to recite by heart that at teacher school :wink:

Well the French do Belgian jokes lurker, there's even some in the Asterix cartoons.

Roy.

Russ":1roijk13 said:
? This forum used to be good.............. What's happened?

There was some offending done to someone closely followed by some counter-offending done to people (i.e. it was done to plural someones except some of the plural denied that they had had some offending done to them (which is OK)). There was some religious words done to some people too. And, I think, some people to whom offending was done did done some offending without realising it too. Someone got a new plane and we done some advice to that person before doing some more offending. Then there was someone who asked about a bandsaw and we done them (nicely). And then there was someone wanting to do some ignoring and now everyone wonders if they are the one that everyone wants to do some ignoring to. oh, and rogerS's house starting falling apart so we did some advice to him too. And there is a bash in Kent and everyone is wondering what they done and had done to them and will do some skirting around alliances and testing of waters to see if they can do some collective offending about other members. Oh, I nearly forgot - they was a relatively new member who done some advice about forums and using ^ and dung like that. Some people felt he'd done some offending so he got done. Meanwhile Wizer wanted to screw but couldn't find his screws and wants new screwdrivers (matching) - we done him.

Noel":341n2mpq said:
nanscombe":341n2mpq said:
Noel":341n2mpq said:

Not quite, the person continually taking offence considers all Irish humour to be racist, his description.

Noel you must stop encouraging the Irish racism :wink: Or if they are not a race, you must stop encouraging the Ism :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Back