Joke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studders":10w7jfyp said:
There was this Bloke.... (a) not sure what nationality he was, or what race or colour as I didn't actually see him, I was told about him by another, third party.

Where was I ??? oh yeah...

There was this Bloke (a) right,
and he went into a Pub..... (b) not sure where the Pub was or even what Country it was in. Might not even have been a Pub at all.

So anyway...

There was this unknown Bloke (a) who went into an unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord (c) it might not have been Hello, it may have been some other greeting, in a different language entirely. I guess it just depends on where this Pub is exactly.
But, back to the joke.

There was this bloke (a) who went into a Pub (b)
"Hello" (c) said the Landlord (d) No details about the Landlord are available to me at this time.. ,
So to recap..

There was this unknown bloke (a)
Who went into an as yet unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord , about who we know nothing at this time.
"What can I get you?" (please bear point c in mind here)
"I'd like a large one please" said the bloke (a with c applicable) to the Landlord (d)
"Wouldn't we All? "(c) said the Landlord (d) to the bloke (a)

Oh.. how they all laughed.

It has just been pointed out to me that it might not have been a bloke (a) at all. Just as well really otherwise the joke may have come across as sexist.

Not related to Ronnie Corbett, are you? :lol:

I could just see him sitting in his black chair telling a joke in this manner.

nanscombe":bc7oyrnk said:
studders":bc7oyrnk said:
There was this Bloke.... (a) not sure what nationality he was, or what race or colour as I didn't actually see him, I was told about him by another, third party.

Where was I ??? oh yeah...

There was this Bloke (a) right,
and he went into a Pub..... (b) not sure where the Pub was or even what Country it was in. Might not even have been a Pub at all.

So anyway...

There was this unknown Bloke (a) who went into an unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord (c) it might not have been Hello, it may have been some other greeting, in a different language entirely. I guess it just depends on where this Pub is exactly.
But, back to the joke.

There was this bloke (a) who went into a Pub (b)
"Hello" (c) said the Landlord (d) No details about the Landlord are available to me at this time.. ,
So to recap..

There was this unknown bloke (a)
Who went into an as yet unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord , about who we know nothing at this time.
"What can I get you?" (please bear point c in mind here)
"I'd like a large one please" said the bloke (a with c applicable) to the Landlord (d)
"Wouldn't we All? "(c) said the Landlord (d) to the bloke (a)

Oh.. how they all laughed.

It has just been pointed out to me that it might not have been a bloke (a) at all. Just as well really otherwise the joke may have come across as sexist.

Not related to Ronnie Corbett, are you? :lol:

I could just see him sitting in his black chair telling a joke in this manner.

More like Val Doonican, he sat in a chair.

B00000JP8N.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Noel":2qn17y8v said:
nanscombe":2qn17y8v said:
Noel":2qn17y8v said:
Don't think the Irish can be classified as a race, can they?

Well to be honest the objection was to a joke about a stereotype.

The sort of thing that Victor Meldrew would get hot under the collar about ... but that's just another stereotype, ie a grumpy, old man.

Not quite, the person continually taking offence considers all Irish humour to be racist, his description.

Noel - I'm not allowed to comment on your moderating decisions, but you are OK to take a pop at me, eh? In insulting terms, no less.

I may remind you that you have already agreed that these jokes are against the rules, but you allowed them anyway. Good thinking.

We won't mention the other business you just don't seem to have understood.

No, he did rambling singing. Paddy McGinty's Goat was a big hit. Can't say where he comes from.

UKW expects members to behave respectfully and not to personally attack or be abusive to other members. ‘Offensive’ is a pretty broad term, but we think you know what we mean. This includes any messages or material that are ethnically, racially, religiously, or sexually offensive, insulting, or demeaning. It also includes messages that are harassing or threatening to others.

Joke Threads
Please remember and be aware that not everyone has the same sense of humour and a joke you may find funny, might insult or cause offence to another member. This makes it extremely difficult for the moderators as we want to keep everyone happy. We will edit or delete any joke we feel that may cause offence to another member.

Your rules.

That chairs is a pretty poorly designed bit of woodwork

:oops: Sorry! I didn't mean to offend anyone by mentioning woodwork :oops:

Smudger":qfw09ijd said:
Your rules.

Another rule, frequently ignored by you.

Any individual who feels aggrieved by the actions of a moderator should pursue the matter privately with that moderator. If the outcome remains unsatisfactory, the matter may be drawn to the attention of the administrator who will arbitrate a final decision. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging.

Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum.

So you only wish rules that suit you to be acted on then?

This is ALL MY FAULT having stirred up the irish question again.

So I'm leaving the forum forthwith
Please send loads of "don't go lurker" to massage my inflated ego and I might consider staying.

lurker":vqcmk9ih said:
This is ALL MY FAULT having stirred up the irish question again.

Please send loads of "don't go lurker" to massage my inflated ego and I might consider staying.

See ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

studders":17pg1lke said:
matt":17pg1lke said:
Competition Time:
I just realised that I have broken one rule 1750 times since about one week ago...
Who can work out what it is?

Is it rude?

Nope. Not even racist (unless, of course, it could currently be contrived as a slur on Australians - but even that would be a stretch). 1751 times now...

Oh, sorry - bye Lurker.

matt":2drspcp0 said:
Nope. Not even racist (unless, of course, it could currently be contrived as a slur on Australians - but even that would be a stretch). 1751 times now...

Oh, sorry - bye Lurker.

Hmmmm????? is it any 'ist' at all?

Yeah, Bye Lurker

lurker":1q78l6cf said:

Maybe the country isn't going to the dogs after all - if lurkers are going to lurk instead of upsetting the world order by posting loads, things are looking up.

Smudger":3pewbpwp said:
Noel":3pewbpwp said:
nanscombe":3pewbpwp said:
Noel":3pewbpwp said:
Don't think the Irish can be classified as a race, can they?

Well to be honest the objection was to a joke about a stereotype.

The sort of thing that Victor Meldrew would get hot under the collar about ... but that's just another stereotype, ie a grumpy, old man.

Not quite, the person continually taking offence considers all Irish humour to be racist, his description.

Noel - I'm not allowed to comment on your moderating decisions, but you are OK to take a pop at me, eh? In insulting terms, no less.

I may remind you that you have already agreed that these jokes are against the rules, but you allowed them anyway. Good thinking.

We won't mention the other business you just don't seem to have understood.

You can question me all you want, that's not a problem.
But you have on several instances described Irish jokes as racist, have you not? Where's the insult that you refer to?
What business do I not understand?
And where have I said these Irish jokes are against the rules? You consider the telling of Irish jokes against the rules because you think of them as racist jibes, is that correct?
I stated in an older thread that technically Irish jokes are racist. But I've thought about this (and learnt a bit from an earlier post on this thread) and realised that technically speaking the Irish are not a race, simply a nation, and a damn good one too. One that has humour and can laugh about ourselves.
I look forward to your reply.

Hi everyone (even sshh you know who) I have only joined this site to let you how much I have enjoyed this thread. Thank God (not godism I hope)that humour still abounds.
I forget who said it (voltare I think) "I may not agree with what you say but, I will defend to the death your right to say it"
It is called free speech. Get a life Mr S or leave other people to enjoy theirs.

Keep up the humour and good work lads

DP

Back