Its No Good

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
I Can't sit about taking photo's all day gets very boring much sooner be doing woodwork!
I have started to lay some decking on the back yard and I have already hung two new doors on the outside buildings and made a wheelbarrow planter out of wood.

I have bought myself a jsp power cap and wear this as well as my oxygen and managed to get my scrollsaw back out of hibernation, may even try buying a small lathe depends what the wife has to say?

She is not to keen about me starting again and says if I feel queasy then I must stop and discuss this with my consultant.
But just sitting in the shed again is a great start I have been cleaning my scroll saw getting it ready for some more work

Good on ya I say.

I suppose it's different for me, as I have nobody but me to consider now, but I look at it a bit like this...
I gotta go sometime so....
Might as well enjoy myself while I can even if it means maybe going sooner. I could spend my time taking 'all reasonable precautions' and, possibly, going later but possibly being rather miserable in the process.

Just my ramblings y'understand. I dare say others look at things differently.

Good on ya mate better to be happy than miserable. If I was told to give up my woodwork I think I would rather hack off my fingers with a rusty old handsaw! Hmm! actually didn't ranaul Finnes do that? :lol:

Welcome back Sooty good to here from you again. I agree with Studders, but take it easy all the same, and listen to your wife if you start feeling rough, because after all she has your best interests at heart. :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":ysswp59d said:
I agree with Studders

Law of averages meant someone had to at some point.
Well, one can't beat sitting in ones shed polishing ones tool with an oily rag can one Mr C ?

:lol:

studders":rywgun77 said:
Mike.C":rywgun77 said:
I agree with Studders

Law of averages meant someone had to at some point.
Well, one can't beat sitting in ones shed polishing ones tool with an oily rag can one Mr C ?

:lol:

What? Sorry Studders you lost me?

Cheers

Mike

Well had a couple of hours on the scroll saw yesterday and felt great. I am doing a Silhouette image I have done before to get my hand back in

Welcome back Sooty...

Like your signature. I too hate growing old, but it's better than the alternative eh? :wink:

Good Luck m'man.

Regards John :)

Back