ITech BS600 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richardsth

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I’ve managed to get my hands on an iTech BS600 bandsaw and I have a question regarding its setup. I haven’t powered it up yet as I’m waiting for my 3 phase leads to turn up, but Ive noticed that it’s nearly impossible to turn the bottom wheel In its present state. Does this have some sort of locking brake on it which is only released when power is applied? The front does make reference to only changing the blade when power is applied, and then flicking some button on the right hand side? I only ask as it fell off its pallet during transit and was resting against the side of my van for 150miles and I was wondering if it’s something that I’ve done.
FYI the top wheel spins freely when the blade was removed, it’s the bottom that I’m querying.

also, does anyone have a pdf for this that they could send over?

cheers Rik

From your description it sounds like it's got an electro-mechanical brake which is applied when the power is off. The switch will apply power to the brake without powering up the motor thus allowing you to spin the bottom wheel.
The brake pressure is adjustable with an Allen key through the motor backplate. On my Startrite I had it slackened off completely and braking was achieved by controlled rundown from my 1/3 phase converter.
Brian

From your description it sounds like it's got an electro-mechanical brake which is applied when the power is off. The switch will apply power to the brake without powering up the motor thus allowing you to spin the bottom wheel.
The brake pressure is adjustable with an Allen key through the motor backplate. On my Startrite I had it slackened off completely and braking was achieved by controlled rundown from my 1/3 phase converter.
Brian
Thanks for the reply, I managed to get it powered up yesterday, and sure enough, the wheel was freed Once I flicked the switch over. However, this identified another problem, whereby there is quite a bit of vibration on the table when it’s runnIng.
I’ll have a look for that manual in the meanwhile.

cheers Rik

Back