Isn't life so much easier these days

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":1e23ek93 said:
wow... do you reckon the bearings on the CL4 could take that if it were sliced into bowl blanks :)

Less 'bowl' blanks, more 'bathtub', or 'swimming pool' blanks methinks!

Grayo,,many thanks for that,, Don"t know if there were redwood trees in the deep south of America, "cos I love that period of time an" the blues music that went with it,, when logging and turpentine camps were the main source of employment for many families,,
,,,,,,,,,,,joe,,,,

kind of sad to think of giant redwoods like that gone forever. The remaining sequoia groves are few, and although impressive, must have been nothing compared to the forests that the trees in these pictures were removed from.

The one thing then was the amount of effort it took to chop them. They would be done in a few minutes in this wonderful day and age.

I remember reading that our trans Atlantic cousins wanted to find out wht was supposed to be the oldest living thing on this Earth, so they cut the bloody thing down to count the year rings. And it used to be the oldest living thing on this Earth of ours :shock:

kingcod":1ujrai8a said:
kind of sad to think of giant redwoods like that gone forever. The remaining sequoia groves are few, and although impressive, must have been nothing compared to the forests that the trees in these pictures were removed from.

I suppose you can look at it that in those days there wasn't to much sand cement and bricks around everything especially in America everything was built using wood even some of the multi story building that still stand now were built using wood. So there wasn't much choice them there day's.

Grahamshed":s806otbh said:
If Bob can get it on his lathe it would make a good outdoor Jacuzzi.

I don't mind giving Bob a hand to get it on his lathe but I'm not cutting the blank :lol:

Grayo":12ov5n6i said:
Grahamshed":12ov5n6i said:
If Bob can get it on his lathe it would make a good outdoor Jacuzzi.

I don't mind giving Bob a hand to get it on his lathe but I'm not cutting the blank :lol:
I think he has you down for sanding it :)

graduate_owner":1l0ap9pk said:
It's all very well using them as workers' canteens, but how did they hollow them out?

K

Catch a beaver and tie his back legs together attached to a pole and watch him go :lol:

Back