is this as good a deal as it looks ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your planning on making alot yes but if you only want it for one project this is cheaper at £59.99
"Tornado Complete Door Making Set"
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/TR302

TR302.jpg

I have the CMT set and it is good. I bought it some years ago and only used it the one time to make this;

3162407281_934149a82f.jpg

It worked well and I plan to use it again at some point. I paid £99 for it about 4 years ago and ever since it has been much higher, so it is a good deal. Though I have not used the Tornado set, I would imagine the CMT is on another level in terms of quality to the Rutlands one.

The only real issue is that it takes a bit of setting up and also you are fairly limited to what you can do - the panel in my picture is basically all it does - if you want panels that look like that then its fine.

Cheers, Ed

Paul,
The raised panel cutter is 89mm in diameter which is quite big, over 3.5 inches.
Make sure your router and table have a large enough opening to take a bit that size.

Martin.

I see what you both mean about the size, probably a bit too large for anything I would plan to build

thats another £100 saved because of this forum
!

Latest posts

Back