Inca Euro 205

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marineboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this bandsaw for many years, and for my purposes it punches well above its weight. The machine’s only weakness is its lateral blade guides which are graphite blocks. I have searched in the past for replacement bearing type guides and all I could find were some very expensive US sourced items. Does anyone know if any UK manufacturers supply these at reasonable cost?

A few people swear by home made Lignum Vitae as guide blocks often preferring them over stock and expensive graphite options like the Carter ones. I'm aware Inca owners have gone down this route.

Thanks for those replies, I have seen the Axi ones but thought they are of a size more suited to bigger machines than the Inca. I may well pop into my local store to have a dekko.

I have two of these bandsaws and have gone down the route of making my own from Lignum Vitae as shed9 mentioned.

Works well. Make them long as possible then clean up the faces now and then on a disk sander set at the correct angle.

I am unsure about the distinction if any between the Inca 205 and 260.

I have a 260 that I have lovingly overhauled and added a few missing bits.

I really like the machine - I have a big Scheppach bandsaw in my workshop, and bought the Inca to complete various things locally on a long-running project - I had assumed I would sell it once the job is finished (some way off anyway), but it is so nice to use, I will find a permanent place for it.

My machine had the original guide blocks (are they graphite? I thought they were some kind of alloy); I could have reground the faces, but bought a set of these ceramic blocks http://incamachines.com/english/inca-5- ... ndsaw.html - they have been perfect, so I would be happy to recommend them.

Incidentally, the chap at Inca Machines (Mike) is really helpful and sourced a few recycled upgrade parts for me.

Cheers

I don’t know why I thought the guides I have were graphite, of course they are some kind of alloy.

Interesting re the ceramic blocks, but I’ve looked at a vid of the 260 and it is bigger than the 205 and has a different guide set up. The lignum vitae solution looks attractive and doable, and I’m guessing that the waxy nature of the wood would mean they run with less friction. I’ve never worked with LV - is it easy to cut, particularly as the pieces I need are so small?

I sliced some longer lengths (20cm) of LV on the band saw. Cut each piece down to length (2-3cm depending on location). then sanded to fit in each slot. Cut the 45/90 using a Japanese pullsaw and 45 box mitre block. If you have one a disk sander set at 45 would do.

Thanks for info, I shall buy a piece of LV and cut it down.

The reason I want to replace is that the alloy ones are quite worn and they obviously cause more drag on the blade than either bearing guides or those that self lubricate like LV.

My Inca has LV guides - simple to make and effective. As you say, the waxy nature is useful. It is easy to cut in the small sizes needed, yes.

Back