Members can turn off viewing Ads!

I will be moving soon so :-

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
I will hopefully be moving soon so :-

Will have to drop out of the remaining challenges for this year and maybe next year as well as I will have no workshop in the new house :(

All my spare time this month has been used up , Cleaning , De cluttering , Tidying , Re doing most of the paintwork inside the house to make it fresh and bright for viewings ,
Sorting out the garden

I have 3 viewing Tomorrow and have already had one so time will tell as to what is going to happen

While de cluttering I have started to pack things for a move ( Maybe a bit premature )

I thought the housing market was dead but the estate agents say its good :?

I have found a property on a bigger plot than I have at the moment :p

Lots of room for a BIG workshop

The back garden looks like this

If I get the house I will see about moving the garage forward and building a workshop across the entire width of the garden

Its a lot of work for me at the moment but hopefully it may pay off if not at least I have re done my current home

Will update as and when anything happens

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale and purchase Blister. I'm looking forward to the new workshop build thread already!!!

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck Mr Blister sir.... if all else fails and you have no workshop for a while, i'm willing to give your lathe a new home!!! it can have the bedroom and I'll live in the workshop!

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
Poor excuse if you ask me. Can't you put a tent up in the garden or something?

Ah...... of course, that lathe is SO big it would have to be one from Libya and that is out of commission I understand.

Best of luck with your plans Allen. House moving is traumatic stuff I find. If I had to do it again I would have two problems. Find a suitable room for the music and now for the lathe too.

We demand a regular update to let us know how you are doing .... please. I assume your internet connection will be operating successfully at both addresses. We need da boss.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought the correct procedure was find a workshop for sale and hope there's a house attached ;)

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope all goes well, a neighbour of ours sold within a week and at top price, so the agent is most probably right if you are flexible.

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Well 3 viewings

Mid 50's couple with a boy around 20 , First thing they said was " We are on a tight schedule " she had about 12 house leaflets in her hand

Mid 30's couple with 2 boys around 5. " 2 boys running around like loon's and being told off all the time "

Lady age unknown ( I was out and the agent did the viewing )

Spent 2 hours dusting , vacuuming , cleaning windows etc ( Me not them :mrgreen: ) as the first viewing was at 11am

Time will tell

dickm

Established Member
Reaction score
monkeybiter":29i27w3n said:
I thought the correct procedure was find a workshop for sale and hope there's a house attached ;)
A friend of our's came up to see us some six months after we'd move to Aberdeenshire. Looked around and commented "huh - so you bought a huge garage and workshop with a bit of house attached".

Spot on :lol:

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
so you bought a huge garage and workshop with a bit of house attached".
If only I could find one :mrgreen:

My ideal would be a big factory unit with l a mezzanine floor above , Sorted :mrgreen:

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Had some more viewing in the week

No offers yet :(

Was told by the Estate Agents one gent who viewed was prepared to buy but the wife said the kitchen is too small ( Its been extended , so I cant work that one out :? )

After the viewing the EA called and said " they have been looking for a house for over 1 year :shock:

Up early today to have a clean and tidy as I have a viewing at 9.30am

I was told the lady is viewing on behalf of her father , so as its local to everything fingers crossed

Must go got to get the vacuum out :roll:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
There have been three sales completion in our road since August, so things are moving, (one was on a long time)

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it just Wales where the market is stagnant because we've had only 3 viewings in almost 11 months. Anyway, good luck Allen!

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
I have SOLD the house :mrgreen:

The buyer has offered full asking price as he has sold his house

The house I want to buy has no onward chain

My buyer wants to get in ASAP

So it looks like its ALL GO

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will be dreaming of a BIG workshop tonight 8) 8) 8) 8)