I will be moving soon so :-

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I will hopefully be moving soon so :-

Will have to drop out of the remaining challenges for this year and maybe next year as well as I will have no workshop in the new house :(

All my spare time this month has been used up , Cleaning , De cluttering , Tidying , Re doing most of the paintwork inside the house to make it fresh and bright for viewings ,
Sorting out the garden

I have 3 viewing Tomorrow and have already had one so time will tell as to what is going to happen

While de cluttering I have started to pack things for a move ( Maybe a bit premature )

I thought the housing market was dead but the estate agents say its good :?

I have found a property on a bigger plot than I have at the moment :p

Lots of room for a BIG workshop

The back garden looks like this

Garden_IMG_01_0001_max_620x414.jpg

If I get the house I will see about moving the garage forward and building a workshop across the entire width of the garden

Its a lot of work for me at the moment but hopefully it may pay off if not at least I have re done my current home

Will update as and when anything happens

Good luck Mr Blister sir.... if all else fails and you have no workshop for a while, i'm willing to give your lathe a new home!!! it can have the bedroom and I'll live in the workshop!

Poor excuse if you ask me. Can't you put a tent up in the garden or something?

Ah...... of course, that lathe is SO big it would have to be one from Libya and that is out of commission I understand.

Best of luck with your plans Allen. House moving is traumatic stuff I find. If I had to do it again I would have two problems. Find a suitable room for the music and now for the lathe too.

We demand a regular update to let us know how you are doing .... please. I assume your internet connection will be operating successfully at both addresses. We need da boss.

Hope all goes well, a neighbour of ours sold within a week and at top price, so the agent is most probably right if you are flexible.

Well 3 viewings

Mid 50's couple with a boy around 20 , First thing they said was " We are on a tight schedule " she had about 12 house leaflets in her hand

Mid 30's couple with 2 boys around 5. " 2 boys running around like loon's and being told off all the time "

Lady age unknown ( I was out and the agent did the viewing )

Spent 2 hours dusting , vacuuming , cleaning windows etc ( Me not them :mrgreen: ) as the first viewing was at 11am

Time will tell

monkeybiter":29i27w3n said:
I thought the correct procedure was find a workshop for sale and hope there's a house attached ;)

A friend of our's came up to see us some six months after we'd move to Aberdeenshire. Looked around and commented "huh - so you bought a huge garage and workshop with a bit of house attached".

Spot on :lol:

Had some more viewing in the week

No offers yet :(

Was told by the Estate Agents one gent who viewed was prepared to buy but the wife said the kitchen is too small ( Its been extended , so I cant work that one out :? )

After the viewing the EA called and said " they have been looking for a house for over 1 year :shock:

Up early today to have a clean and tidy as I have a viewing at 9.30am

I was told the lady is viewing on behalf of her father , so as its local to everything fingers crossed

Must go got to get the vacuum out :roll:

Is it just Wales where the market is stagnant because we've had only 3 viewings in almost 11 months. Anyway, good luck Allen!

I have SOLD the house :mrgreen:

The buyer has offered full asking price as he has sold his house

The house I want to buy has no onward chain

My buyer wants to get in ASAP

So it looks like its ALL GO

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will be dreaming of a BIG workshop tonight 8) 8) 8) 8)

Back