I will be moving soon so :-

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats, looking forward to watching the progress of your workshop build and fitting :)

Wow Blister that was quick!!!

Hope all goes smoothly ...... make sure your solicitor is well briefed and is proactive in handling sale & purchase. Too many solicitors just wait for letter to drop on their desk, refuse to use email and to phone and speak to the other side to speed things along.

Charlie Woody":1rjem2mu said:
Wow Blister that was quick!!!

Hope all goes smoothly ...... make sure your solicitor is well briefed and is proactive in handling sale & purchase. Too many solicitors just wait for letter to drop on their desk, refuse to use email and to phone and speak to the other side to speed things along.

I'd change solicitors :mrgreen:
but i know what you mean. the last house i sold i told the buyers if they used a certain solicitor i would not sell because of previous encounters doing exactly as you state above. i dont begrudge paying a grand to get the legal stuff done properly but some 'professionals' have a serious superiority complex :evil:

Things may have taken a U turn :?

I have my servery report

Points of interest are

1, The House has suffered previous movement

2, Elements of the central heating system give cause for concern

3, The house has had structural alterations that need to be checked against building regulations / control ( A internal wall knocked down between the front and rear living / dining rooms ) To my mind it does not look as if it has a big enough beam of fireproofing around it :?

4, The garage roof is asbestos

The sellers estate agent has sent a email a week ago and has had no reply to my questions on the above points , they say " He is hard to get hold of as he lives abroad "

I say do they not have phones in other country's :?: or is the seller avoiding answering the questions , they then answer " He may be on Holiday " :roll:

Time will tell , I dont want to let my buyer down so am stuck at the moment :|

The asbestos garage roof is not a no no.

I have worked in mine for 27 years and I am still here working in mine.

Try his solicitor using your one for whereabouts, they should know if there is a contract laying around.

So Today I get a answerphone message saying

" My buyer has pulled out of the purchase "

I cant find out why until Thursday as the lady dealing with this is not in the office :?

Gutted for you Mr blister.
I won't say all the usual best to know blar blar coz it doesn't make you feel better.
so I'll stick with sorry to hear this.
all the best

Sorry for the bad news Alan, I find the best outlook when things turn to dung is look ahead to a year's time when you'll be telling this story and laughing.

Hang in there My Friend

It could be all for the better !!

Best to find out now .

Have a Happy Xmas and New Year :ho2 :ho2

Back