How many active turners remain in UKWorkshop ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still hooked on turning, but currently experimenting with wood and resin. Will be ‘non-productive’ for a few months as we’re moving from the West Midlands to the Highlands.
902FDBA6-AD62-4DB5-AF70-D58C509D1C91.jpeg

Still hooked on turning, but currently experimenting with wood and resin. Will be ‘non-productive’ for a few months as we’re moving from the West Midlands to the Highlands.View attachment 90788

I like your bandsaw box and the lower clock with the iridescent paint , Very good , and the highlands sounds like heaven away from the rat race
Hope all goes to plan for you and yours

I'm still turning but not been on here for a while. As my workshop is indoors and nor at all cold, most of my turning takes place in the winter when the demands of summer activities are reduced.

I’ve just recently returned back to wood turning. Been missing for a few years due too a bit of a bad (chest) health. I’ve had a lot of small items in stock and not wishing to leave them i’ve decided too
return too turning. mainly pens. I was working but became one of the shielded hence my time and mind needed occupying. So here I am. No doubt you may be hearing from me from time too time. Good luck everybody and keep well.

Hi People if you could add your name if you are still active and turning items , Just curious , I will start with my name

Blister
I'm still at it, I turn a few bowls but mostly toys.

Attachments

• P1010002 3.JPG
    P1010002 3.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010002 2.JPG
    P1010002 2.JPG
    744.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010001 2.JPG
    P1010001 2.JPG
    778.9 KB · Views: 12
2020-08-22-15.08.07a.jpg

Have this on the lathe right now, but my turning skills are still very much at the bottom of the "beginner" class and I go through a lot of 80 grit sandpaper to hide my mistakes :D

It's funny how this thread has loads of replies, yet the question/help threads get very little response.
Most of the threads on this section of the forum are about equipment and help questions but very few on what people have turned.
Either people don't know the answer or are not familiar with the make/model being asked about. And the reason for not posting work is down to the fact they feel their work is not good enough

Hi,

I'm new to turning but looking forward to learning about it - I picked up a Sorby lathe a few months ago and have just figured out how to make a fingernail grind on my chisels - at least, I've ground them but haven't tried turning with them yet as I don't have any blanks yet.

Cheers,

Oisin

Yup, the reason I stopped posting pictures of my stuff.

Strange that , If you post the images and ask for critique the more experianced turners could then offer help and advice , If you don't want and commets just say so when you upload the images .
I for one enjoy seeing other work , Today I saw what I thought was really good , The egg cups and it may inspire me to have a go myself , If the images were not uploaded That would not happen.

Go on post way we all enjoy looking :)

yes still turning but like some have said it gets to a point the family say no more, do give some bits to charity raffles and auctions.
I do find it a good way to unwind

Strange that , If you post the images and ask for critique the more experianced turners could then offer help and advice , If you don't want and commets just say so when you upload the images .
I for one enjoy seeing other work , Today I saw what I thought was really good , The egg cups and it may inspire me to have a go myself , If the images were not uploaded That would not happen.

Go on post way we all enjoy looking :)

I totally agree. No one is going to take the mickey but will give advice on how to improve. I have not turned anything for a while as I explained in an earlier post, but I have now got some work done but not yet completed.
I also have a couple of other pieces which I have yet to complete but those two will have to wait until I complete the pieces I am working on as well as a jewellery box.

Latest posts

Back