Hi from Telford Shropshire,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueDenim

Reaction score
I am retired now but still very active in both DIY and making projects, my history is in Woodcarving, but I also turn lots of items incuding the pillars for the stand of my Rocking Horses, I also out of nessesity do leatherwork, making saddles and bridles again for the Rocking Horses. I consider myself an all rounder as I left school and joined the Army as an apprentice gunfitter so also have engineering in my portfolio. Just as an aside my username SueDenim as most will have guessed is just a Psuedenim my name is Malcolm..

Welcome Malcom- I was wondering about the user name , I’m not the quickest out of the box but yeah I get it , well we are here to help and advise should you need it , you are just up the rd from me in Wolverhampton 🤗🤗

Hi Peri, I am in High Ercall right on the upper edge of Telford, I worked within the Blists Hill Victorian Town for 15 years in the Sawmill making Rocking Horses and woodturning.

Welcome Malcom
Just doing two small rocking horses for grand daughters any help making saddle/bridle photos of what you’re making would help
Paul

Welcome Malcom
Just doing two small rocking horses for grand daughters any help making saddle/bridle photos of what you’re making would help
Paul
As soon as I get home I will send some pics of my work. I can make saddles and bridles to measure. Also swing irons, and can advise on supply of stirrups etc.

Welcome Malcom
Paul
Hi Paul,
This is a horse I made some time ago to a photo of a real horse so I decorated it in the style of the real horse, I made all of it. Horse, Stand,Saddle and Bridle, Swing Irons, I even made the pattern for the Swing Iron Brackets and had them cast locally.

Attachments

• WP_20160928_12_01_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160928_12_01_18_Pro.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 0
think there's a lady on here that does the same......name escapes me........

more photo's please......

when I was hard up n saving for a house deposit ..... found a place in Mcr that had tons of leather off cut's....
I made multi coloured shopping bags that were sold in a local shoe shop......
I used an old but free treadle Singer sowing machine.....different days.........

Very nice
Rocking horse shop are doing a bundle
Mane tail saddle bridle etc for £95 can you recommend any where cheaper as I have to buy two lots

think there's a lady on here that does the same......name escapes me........

more photo's please......

when I was hard up n saving for a house deposit ..... found a place in Mcr that had tons of leather off cut's....
I made multi coloured shopping bags that were sold in a local shoe shop......
I used an old but free treadle Singer sowing machine.....different days.........
Hi Clogs, that use of the scraps of leather was brilliant and something that is not done enough nowadays. I intend to transfer more pics from my phone so that I can get them put on here possibly in the projects section.

Back