House alarm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flounder

Established Member
Reaction score
I realise this is probably a bit of a long shot, but was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my problem!

We moved into a house a little while ago that had an alarm already fitted. The previous owners had not lived in the house long themselves and said they never knew what the PIN was and so never used the alarm themselves. The interior motion sensors all seem to work ok and all the wiring looks in good order. The alarm was fitted by East Midland Electricity who no longer exist so I can't ask them, but there must be a way of resetting the PIN on an unarmed alarm in cases where the owners have forgotten their PIN. So.....anyone have any ideas how this is done?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

There is a way of resetting the PIN because I've done it on mine. Had to power off and set some jumpers then power on. I expect they are all reset in a similar way but with minor variations. Google your model and see if that gives you any clues. Failing that it's not a huge job to replace the main control panel if everything else is in place already.

I think most boxes have an engineers code which allows the resetting of entry code. You may have to get an alarm engineer as the security industry are careful who they allow resetting of boxes9burglars etc.)

Back