Help/

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn

Reaction score
hi everyone,just joining the world of scrollsawing,and need some help. need some advice on delta model No. 40-540 ie, easy to use, noise level,vibration. thank you. : :?

Hi Lynn, and welcome to the forum, unfortunately i dont know anything about this scrollsaw but i'm sure some-one wiil be able to help you out. :wink:

Hi Lynn

Welcome to the forum and the world of the scroll saw :) .

I've never used a Delta myself but all models have very good reputations. A couple of years ago they would have been an ideal purchase for someone looking to acquire a middle price-range saw. However, Delta is now pulling out of the UK market so support for a new saw won't be as readily available as it used to be.

Don't forget to get plenty of blades for your new saw - newbies find blades break very easily at first, no matter what saw is being used.

Gill

Hi Lynn, welcom to the forum,
I like my Delta's, i have two , a variable speed one and two a speed ,
both good saws , main thing is to lubricate the top & bottom arm pivots, and watch for wear in the link( at the back under the black plastic cover),,if these wear badly, then you will get vibration otherwise all is ok
I also find the dust blower not good enough so i fitted a dog's squeeky type ball under the bottom arm, removed the squeek ,and fitted the original pipe into the hole where the squeeky thing came from !!!
works a lot better now :D
yes it is an easy saw to use, and blade changing is a doddle!! noise wise ,quieter than some.!!
i also use a foot switch ,so i dont have to let go of the work to switch on and off. Hope this helps, have lots of fun . :D 8)
------------Frank -----------------

Thank you for all your replies,picking up my saw tomorrow,let you know how i go on. look forward to your help in the future.thanks again lynn.

Latest posts

Back