hell for the next few weeks!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote][Yes-
I have flown to the USA to escape the footie, (currently waiting in Newark airport for a connecting flight to Jacksonville). Only trouble is I have just been told a tropical storm is on its way!
Mike]

Has it finished yet?..... I'm on my way back.
Mike

the world cup is great, every where is so peaceful when the silly game is on :wink:

One of my local boozers is advertising 40 different beers from all the competing countries.

So that will be a pint of Saudi Arabian best and a pint of Iranian mild please, my good man. :twisted:

Iranian mild? Surely you mean Golden Delster. Brewed by Iran Behnoush Co,
http://www.behnoushiran.com/ Course it's non alchoholic but still...
:) Strange country Iran, perhaps not at all as one imagines it. I lived there for eleven years - it's a country of contradictions.
Cheers Mike

It Sounds really great stuff................................

Behnoush Iran Company":la8pmrqs said:
Delster: Vitamin B & C plus carbonated water contained in delster have a relieving affect on exhaustion by scooting tired nerves. The hops contained in the drink has many natural medical / health benefits such as preventing the Formation & help in passing kidney & urinary trash stones as well as disinfection of the intestines. It can also improve bodies of kidney sediments immune & defense systems by its Gamma Globins.

Must get my nerves scooted some time, I wonder if the Goblins would tidy the shop for me? :roll: :wink:

o well all over for you english supporters,

hehehehehe never mind only 4 yrs till next world cup :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

At least England got there............ If not for long!

Scrit

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel a surprised that 3 out of 4 professional footballers couldn't score from the penalty spot, and one was so dull he didn't even wait for the referee to blow his whistle. Has he ever taken a penalty before???

Absolutely incredible.... (walks off shaking his head).

Taffy

Why isn't anyone blaming the 'keeper? The penalty takers are getting better, they were all on target but the keeper did not get close.

Interesting piece in the Guardian quoted both Lampard and Beckham saying they "deserved" to win. Totally the wrong attitude and probably what undid Brazil as well.

When technically gifted players underperform it has to be the result of poor preparation, tactics and mental approach which are all the responsibility of the coach. The match was not "lost" on penalties but the in the failure to score in the previous 120 minutes.

Middlesbrough's performances in cup competition may be an indicator that Mclaren has something to offer - I do so hope so.

Andy, clutching at straws

My own opinion (for what it's worth..not much as I'm not a footie fan) is that there is a collective responsibility. It's not just Sven or Rooney or whoever. People might blame Sven and his tactics or whatever but the rest of the team has a responsibility to disagree with him and push for a different approach, don't they?

Or perhaps they just went along with what Sven said?

Or maybe they are just overpaid for the level of skill that they possess.

Or maybe just the simple fact that we are pretty useless at football on this world scale.

If we were any good then it wouldn't have even have got to a penalty shoot-out.

If we were any good then it wouldn't even have got to extra time.

But we're not and so we didn't.

I'll get me coat and duck

Back