hell for the next few weeks!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
the dreded has started, football i mean. at lease can escape into the shed. :D

You and me both - people at work have difficulty understanding that I am not interested in the game :(

Andrew

0200222041000.gif

"For every complex problem there's a solution that is simple, neat and wrong!"

yeah - but how come it's always mine????? :lol:

happiness....would be to see Englandshire returning at the end of the first round... missing the BS on tv is easy enough.... it's the &%$@y tunes on the radio that drive me up the wall....

Funny how it's the folks who don't like it who decided to post threads about it thus increasing their exposure to the World Cup on here as well. :lol:

Mike, you're doing it all wrong. As a Scotsman you're honour bound to rabidly support Paraguay, then Trinidad & Tobago before swiftly changing your allegiance to Sweden. I have a theory that's why the Scots get so grumpy when England are in the World Cup - the sheer cost of all those different national flags and shirts... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Midnight,

happiness....would be to see Englandshire returning at the end of the first round... missing the BS on tv is easy enough.... it's the &%$y tunes on the radio that drive me up the wall....

Being an Englishman living in the north of Scotland, this is the sort of thing i have to live with every 4 years.
To tell you the truth, i cannot understand it, because if Scotland ever got into the world cup again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would be happy for them :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

As for those that don't like football, 'What are you complaining about? All you have to do is pick up the remote control and change the channel'

5 weeks of prue bliss ENGLAND, ENGLAND, ENGLAND COME ON LADS BRING IT HOME

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Its the underdog thing - its not their oil but it is our overdraft.....

Doubt that'll get any response at all.

Cheers

Tim

All you have to do is pick up the remote control and change the channel'

Fair enoughski, but then I'd have to go into a hugetime slanging match with my lad, let alone 'er indoors who is partial to the watching the odd game of the footy.

For me, its time to retreat to the 'shop and the wireless. Footy for me comes a very close second behind watching fat blokes throw darts as just about the most uninteresting thing to watch on the telly - Rob

Hell? What do you mean hell?

I went to B&Q this morning. I didn't have to queue to get out of our estate, nor to get into the carpark, nor to get served at the till.

I call that heaven!

:D
Steve

woodbloke,

Fair enoughski, but then I'd have to go into a hugetime slanging match with my lad, let alone 'er indoors who is partial to the watching the odd game of the footy.

For me, its time to retreat to the 'shop and the wireless. Footy for me comes a very close second behind watching fat blokes throw darts as just about the most uninteresting thing to watch on the telly - Rob

Now i find that really strange. Surely you should be extremely grateful that the world cup has come around and that your son, and more importantly 'er indoors' will be watching the footy for 5 weeks, because this will mean that for them same 5 weeks, no one will miss you playing in your workshop. Pure heaven to many of us.

Cheers

Mike

I went for a blast on the bike today. It was heaven, the roads were deserted in North Wales. No Police about either :twisted:

It was hot with the leathers on though :shock:

I wish the World cup would last all summer!
Bike.JPG

Lee.

Yes-
I have flown to the USA to escape the footie, (currently waiting in Newark airport for a connecting flight to Jacksonville). Only trouble is I have just been told a tropical storm is on its way!
Mike

Mike-W":10jf77y7 said:
Yes-
I have flown to the USA to escape the footie, (currently waiting in Newark airport for a connecting flight to Jacksonville). Only trouble is I have just been told a tropical storm is on its way!
Mike

Know how you feel, once spent several hours at St. Louis awaiting unexplained delayed flight to Oak City only for the aircraft to make five aborted tries at landing because of wind shear before we made it down. Then the highways were shut because of debris.... travelling is such fun.

Mike, you're doing it all wrong.

no Alf.... I go a lot farther.... I've a really unbiased and uniformly spread contempt for the game... never could see the point i watchin 25 primadonna's runnin around a park chasin the same ball... given the wages they're on you'd think they could afford one each...??

Alf":1hz0uc7w said:
As a Scotsman you're honour bound to rabidly support Paraguay, then Trinidad & Tobago before swiftly changing your allegiance to Sweden. I have a theory that's why the Scots get so grumpy when England are in the World Cup - the sheer cost of all those different national flags and shirts... :wink:

Splendid idea! Luckily enough I'm at sea at the moment so I have all the ship's flags to choose from at no extra cost! Can't seem to find a Paraguay flag but we've substituted the German one instead :lol: :lol: :wink:

Spare a thought for the poor Scots in Illustrious who were made to stand and cheer England against their will. I see the RN hasn't changed much since the days of the press gang! :D

Scott
(on a boat load of Scotsmen with one German and two "token" Englishmen :wink: )

Judging by yesterdays performance it could be all over for ye soon anyway :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Seriously though a recent poll over here showed 32% of us are supporting you which was a big surprise to everyone. Whoever wins doesn't really matter to me but I for one won't get any woodworking done for the next month.

Neil

neilc":1d2849il said:
Seriously though a recent poll over here showed 32% of us are supporting you which was a big surprise to everyone.

SWMBO is Irish and she's supporting England, which I found a bit odd but it looks like she's not alone!

Latest posts

Back