Heathrow hotels and parking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
We're looking for a reasonable hotel near heathrow for one night but, as far as I can see, all of them charge for car parking.

Is this custom and practice for heathrow hotels?

Roger,
Well it wasn't the norm when I used to stay around there, but of course that was a good few years ago :wink:

Like most business's if they detect a shortage they'll try to exploit the fact.

Some might say that's the unacceptable face of capitalism :lol:

When we stayed at a hotel opposite heathrow last year we were charged for parking think it was either £4 or £6 iirc

Ive always stayed at the IBIS its reasonabley priced however for a car what i would do is get a real old banger cheap drive it there the morning of your flight and leave it in a short term parking spot. When you get out it remove tax disc if there is one and the number plates then walk into terminal. Saves you the cost of paying for parking and hotel.
I never had any comeback on me as the car wasnt registered when i got it

waterhead37":3ufpsu1d said:
Words fail me! If you are going to indulge in criminal activity, please stay in Australia.
Now you know why they were all deported there in the first instance....... :lol:

So, Guy, do you recommend a petrol or a diesel?

Scrit

Thanks, guys.

What prompted this was my experience with the Holiday Extras site that announced, after you'd confirmed your hotel booking, that you had to pay for hotel parking. Checking out a few other hotel sites, it seems that this is the norm. Sharp practice.

The Starwood Sheraton site says that you should check the hotel for local additional charges! Now, let me see, Sir. That's £10 for using the air in the room, £5 for water, £5 for using the light :evil:

Back