Wood might become more plentiful

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
If you have seen the news then you will have heard that the guy who cut down probably the most famous tree in the UK is not going to face any charges and it was done in a national park. This sends out a very clear message that if you need wood then just pop out and chop down some trees because it seems that it is no longer a criminal offence and I can see wood yards becoming full of good wood in years to come once it has been dried.

If you have seen the news then you will have heard that the guy who cut down probably the most famous tree in the UK is not going to face any charges and it was done in a national park. This sends out a very clear message that if you need wood then just pop out and chop down some trees because it seems that it is no longer a criminal offence and I can see wood yards becoming full of good wood in years to come once it has been dried.
Bizarre. Good for us woodworkers in some sense then i guess 🤪

@Spectric
Where have you seen that? All the news reports I have seen have said a man who was arrested on suspicion of cutting down tree will face no further action. Some say that he has consistently denied doing it. Some say he has been cleared by the Police.

The reports also say that two other people remain on bail and enquiries are ongoing.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. (attributed to Mark Twain)

Was it the most famous tree in England? I have to confess that I'd never heard of it, prior to it being cut down. I'd heard of a tree that Bonnie Prince Charlie hid in, and there's supposed to be a yew near here that Thomas Tyndale hid in for three days whilst watching his home go up in flames, but that sycamore only became known to me as a consequence of its destruction.

Latest posts

Back