Heated Vests

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
complain to the seller in a firm way. Tell them it is unusable and you will leave negative feedback. 99 times out of a 100 the chinese will willingly give a full refund and not ask for it back in exchange for no feedback at all.

lurker":vjyr9pig said:
It probably is xxl....... if you are Chinese.
Rather than a porky lad from Nottingham

pot kettle.png

Attachments

• pot kettle.png
    pot kettle.png
    56 KB · Views: 248
Steve Maskery":3kys4mtw said:
Well it arrived today. Well-made. But.

Does that look like XXL to you? More like Small or Medium at best. It is supposed to zip up...

The listing said it was being sent from London. It actually came from China. Return address on the packet is somewhere in UK, but starting a Return on eBay gives me an address in China and postage is at my cost!

I'm not happy. Pity, as it looks like a decent garment, just nowhere near the size it is labelled as.

You have to always remember stuff like this is "chinese XXL" - NOT "caucasian XXL" - sometimes they will be helpful enough to have a sizing chart where XL = a 40 chest or something ridiculously small and it becomes obvious.

A friend of mine came back from India with a t shirt - XL - I assured him it will be fine. I did try it on but I knew what the result would be - it's an M or L at best.

Contact the seller and tell them it's not as described and if they want it returned THEY will have to pay the charges to the same UK address they are trading from if indeed they are (you can get the details from the page listing) under the terms that the auction listing was misleading (which makes it their fault and you should not pay the return charges). If they don't agree - just do a "not as described" via paypal and they will give you the money back regardless, but you can at least do the right thing and give the vendor the opportunity.

Well it's been a bit of a fight.

Me: I'd like a refund please, this is ridiculous:
vest on shirt.png

Them: Sorry, would 30% off be OK?
Me: No, I want a full refund.

T: Sorry, would 60% off be OK?
M: No, would you like negative feedback?

T: Sorry, you have a full refund.

So I don't really know what to do now. The garment is well-made, and assuming it works properly, it seems to be exactly what I want. But it was labelled XXL (that shirt in the picture above is XXL), so if they are all like that there doesn't seem much point. I assume that all the others that are identical are made in the same factory, with the same labelling.

Attachments

• vest on shirt.png
    vest on shirt.png
    966 KB · Views: 188
It's Chinese XXL, I wear XL in Chinese clothing, S-M in UK clothing, XS in US clothing :lol:

Steve Maskery":1j0t8u6q said:
Rorschach":1j0t8u6q said:
It's Chinese XXL,

Clearly you are right, but that was not made clear in the listing, which was supposed to be UK-based.

Did you buy from the listing in your original post? Because that clearly has a size chart and warning about UK sizes.

Yes, I did, but they have changed the listing (and halved the price) since I bought mine. On the original listing it gives the waist size as 43", which should be generous, even for a porky lad from Nottingham.

Steve Maskery":19lefy1u said:
Yes, I did, but they have changed the listing (and halved the price) since I bought mine. On the original listing it gives the waist size as 43", which should be generous, even for a porky lad from Nottingham.

Ah fair enough. Well at least you got your refund no problem.

It's XXL in the same way that battery pack is 500000mAh. Only in the imagination of the marketing department. 500Ah at 5v -> 2.5kWh. No way. Factor of 50 exaggeration at least, I think.

I agree. I don't know how they know how big the capacity is, there doesn't appear to be any ID on it at all.
Insoles arrived today, they look fine.

Milwaukee and Makita make heated gear that would be available in a more traditional size whilst probably more expensive it might be a better bet

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.
There is better news on the tootsie front. The insoles are nice and thin, so I don't feel I need a size bigger boot. I had them on for about an hour and had to switch them off as my feet were getting too hot. But that hour sapped the power pack from 100% to 81%, so proof, if proof were needed, that the capacity is fanciful.
Still, I think they will be good come winter.

Steve Maskery":1crphrz5 said:
Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.
There is better news on the tootsie front. The insoles are nice and thin, so I don't feel I need a size bigger boot. I had them on for about an hour and had to switch them off as my feet were getting too hot. But that hour sapped the power pack from 100% to 81%, so proof, if proof were needed, that the capacity is fanciful.
Still, I think they will be good come winter.

Link please

I have the power bank in your first post. It's good but beware it takes a good 10 hours to charge the thing up every time.

Cheers for the feet heater things. I'm wearing 3 pair of socks at the moment... :oops:

Back