Heated Vests

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter is here today :shock: No sun, so its still 10c outside at 9am. this first month is very hard after 6 months at almost 40c :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was pleased to see both Jeremy and Boris plan to end state pension for folks who do not reside in the uk :twisted: :twisted:

I have a letter from the government telling me the pension will still be paid.
But you can chase them for our heating allowance which they stopped 4 years ago, because it DOES GET COLD here. (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)
And after working for 50 years straight, all I want is my money back.

And, I doubt either of them have the brain cells to think this through... If all ex pats get their pensions stopped, they will ALL have to return to the UK. But they wont have any money to buy houses, so they will ALL have to go on social housing, and ALL clog up the hospitals and doctors waiting rooms.
Thats a couple million OLD people coming home to a street near you.

Still think its a good idea? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Keeping this still humorous and NOT a rant nor (heaven forbid) political....
If our money was cut, we would be unable to support ourselves, and our host countries would forcibly repatriate us to an airport near you :roll:

Every stone causes ripples 8) 8) 8) 8)

Well, that escalated quickly; all I did was mention it was warm.

Would it help if I mention we have had 1.5 metres of rain since the end of October? At least, my summer water storage tank was empty, and now it is full - that's 250 tons of water. At least the goldfish are happy again.

Not worried about water for next summer. More worried about floating out to sea.

3 weeks back we had 4" of rain in 2 hours. trouble was it came down as hail stones :shock:
Two car windscreens smashed and several body panels damaged that I know of (thankfully not mine, but I was very concerned for my kitchen window)
I could do with some heated gloves now, my fingers feel the cold more than the rest of my body, but aint no way I'm working my machines wearing gloves :roll:

sunnybob":3dmnja6a said:
3 weeks back we had 4" of rain in 2 hours. trouble was it came down as hail stones :shock:
Two car windscreens smashed and several body panels damaged that I know of (thankfully not mine, but I was very concerned for my kitchen window)
I could do with some heated gloves now, my fingers feel the cold more than the rest of my body, but aint no way I'm working my machines wearing gloves :roll:

Rain just stopped. Waiting half an hour, and then up a tree with a chainsaw I go. Today I may be moist.

sunnybob":1optouj4 said:
Make sure you dont cut the branch between you and trunk :shock: 8)

That's where I've been going wrong! Doh! (homer)

Update: lunch over, now 17° and sunny. Back up a tree I go. Only 150 more to go now - the end is in sight.

A truly "other worldly" man then.
Much better today, as high as 25 at its peak, but the average is definitely on a downward trend.
By january it could reach zero overnight. :shock:

Back