Has there been a gory accident thread yet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy who worked on the research station where I was employed many years ago was putting in fencing posts with a tractor driven piledriver, the sort that lifts a big weight and then drops it. He steadied the post by putting his hand on top of it.........

They let him on the same job about 9 months later, and he removed what was left of the fingers.

Jeez, I'm sitting here wincing in pain reading these accidents! I managed to apply a 2lb lump hammer full pelt to the end of my thumb last year when I was bashing a short support into the ground. Lots of blood, lots of extremely creative language and the thumb went all sorts of interesting and worrying colours, but it got better and that was that. Taught me a lesson though!

Col G
Bet that chafed in the mornin.

I managed to cut under the nail on my middle finger with a Stanley knife, which went down to the bone. Not something i`m keen to repeat! :cry:
Strange thing is though, the end of the finger just feels numb with very little feeling, but when it`s cold it hurts ?

Jeff Gorman":21studoe said:
Folks! If you haven't yet read enough of these, try:

http://www.amgron.clara.net/circularsaw ... idents.htm

Jeff

Oh sweet baby jesus, I've made my mind up, I'm buying a freaking bandsaw.

Code:
Defect in Material 	Cutting the end off a piece of birch 760mm (30in x 12in), not using a mitre fence. Possible internal defects in the board. ‘While feeding the piece, I felt it hang slightly’ but pushed harder and the fence moved. 5HP motor on sawbench. Board kick backed and hit him on the head of the penis.

I do not want to be on that list.

In fact I might just stick to handtools, even though I did nearly amputate my left thumb with an opinel knife, then my left index finger using a hacksaw cutting plastic sewage pipe.

Sorry but I couldn't believe this:-

Sawyer needed a short length of monofilament fishing line from his shop. Unable to find his utility knife to cut it with, he spotted his tablesaw. He wrapped the line around both hands and eased the line into the spinning blade, assuming it would chew the line apart. The line caught in a blade gullet and wrapped around the arbor, pulling both hands into the blade. He lost parts of 3 fingers, and also suffered serious cuts from the line as it was pulled tight around his hands.

:shock:

All I originally wanted to know was is the circular saw the commonest aggresor... Oh well, you have kept me entertained with the dumb and stupid things people do. And I am still wading through American vids on YouTube where the riving knife and crown gaurd are nowhere to be seen.

Back