Hand drill wants a home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred55

Established Member
Reaction score
This was going to the skip not seen one before so I had to rescue it. Move the cam up to engage a set of holes to give speed control. Now what to do with it ! Hand Drills Preservation Society or hang it on the wall ?

Attachments

• 1698747286475.png
    1698747286475.png
    960.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1698747526493.png
    1698747526493.png
    955 KB · Views: 0
I can see some use to it when screwdriving, sometimes you want speed and at other points torque. Generally drilling I find you want high speed, low torque to control blast out.

Curious though, how do you dis/engage the gear to switch gears? Hope it doesn't simply depend on wobble in the main gear.

I'd love to have that too go with the rest of my old stuff......
shame I'm not closer....

just came across these the other day...not really old but different....
the small tap wrench is sized for 6-12mm taps....hahaha.....
DSCN2213.JPG

I can see some use to it when screwdriving, sometimes you want speed and at other points torque. Generally drilling I find you want high speed, low torque to control blast out.

Curious though, how do you dis/engage the gear to switch gears? Hope it doesn't simply depend on wobble in the main gear.
The handle / big cog is a loose fit (in and out), so as you turn you have to keep slight pressure inwards, this keep the gearing together. The small cog just ride up and down the square shaft.

Its yours clogs - now I've seen where you are, I'll bring it to you, soon as I get my sunglasses, speedos and sun oil packed.

Back