Guess what I did wrong.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Willis.

Established Member
Reaction score
Got up this morning, looked out the back door and saw the hose tap was dripping, went to turn it off and it was on full bore, went into the carport, Under water, opened garage worshop, under water, had left the hose running since about 7 last night into bean bed alonside garege, the water was so much that it overcame the grid at the doorway, vacuumed it all out, mostly, have another go in a minute, ruined a few part sheets of board, but they will trim off, most other stuff won't be affected, I am ashamed to say,this not the first time.
Derek.

Everyone has their "left the tap on moments!!"

Whole thing sounds a bit worrying though - what happens in heavy rain? Any potential flooding issues?

Anyway all you need is some of that special kitchen roll you see advertised! It seems to dry up everything!!! :D

Geno":1glvejce said:
Everyone has their "left the tap on moments!!"

About three weeks ago I lie in bed about 11pm and thought "did I leave the hose running".

Went outside in the nuddy to check :lol:
Good job the neighbours did not look out, as the sight might have made them a bit queasy.

Yep it was off!

Geno.
No problem when it rains, the provisions made can take it all. but not a mains water pipe at full bore for over 12 hours.
I don't think paper roll would have mopped up the 30 or more gallons that i removed though.
Derek.

I take it you don't have a water meter then? :wink:

I accidently surfed the internet with my phone the other day while working on my roof. I didn't realise until I checked the time on my phone (don't wear a watch) to see if it was lunch time yet and found that I had been online for 2 hours. I am waiting for the bill for that one!

Cheers, Orange told me it could be good news or bad news depending on if I was just on one page or if I surfed a lot of pages or was downloading something. The cost is per mb of data so one page could be bad whereas a lot of pages or downloading a film could spell bankrupcy. :oops:

Night Train":1rjw3dyc said:
Cheers, Orange told me it could be good news or bad news depending on if I was just on one page or if I surfed a lot of pages or was downloading something. The cost is per mb of data so one page could be bad whereas a lot of pages or downloading a film could spell bankrupcy. :oops:
You should be fine, can't see it having surfed too many pages in your pocket. A single page, once loaded, doesn't cost anything so hopefully you'll be okay.

Think that's known as a senior moment Derek, or, for the younger crowd, in the words of Jar Jar Binks "Yousa pillock!"

my senior hose moment was leaving the soaker hose on in the greenhouse for 24 hours instead of the usual 20 mins. still at least i didnt have to water for a few days(two weeks actually!)

Yep, had a couple of those recently... :oops:

1, in the house at 11.p.m. - just setting the breadmaker,
"What's that noise?" asked SWIMBO.
"Hmmm, I heard it earlier (about 4 hours to be precise), not sure - sounds like the bathroom tap" - we have young kids... :wink: , up I go, nope - noise is louder...

Go downstairs, listening, hmm, turn off main tap into house - noise stops.
"Ah, erm, uh, I think I left the hose on..." - SWIMBO.

Luckily it was only on, not running! (was vibration in pipes etc).

2, Empty Water butt, replace / fix nut and tap. Use water to water the garden / fill paddling pool. Everything o.k.? Yes, check butt with water, submerge the tap - no leaks. Brill. Leave it. IT RAINS!!! 1/3rd full, great - starting to conserve water, great.

Come to use it a couple days later - SWIMBO "Have you left the butt tap on?"
Me - "NO, was shut" etc, etc - path wet....
"Maya (4 year old), did you water the plants?"
"No, daddy".
"I did daddy" - 3 year old... :roll: Talk about independant...

Gotta laugh really though :lol:

Quote "Why did you leave it unattended in the first place?"

Uh, cos it's round the back of the garage - and I don't have c.c.t.v... :shock: Also, didn't think he was that clever that he could open it. :roll:

Digit":22atsz3x said:
Hose? It hasn't stopped raining here for bloody weeks!

Roy.

Ah, but Digit - didn't you realise you live in WALES... :shock:

I'll get me coat, and wellies... :roll:

Despite all the ugly rumours though the sun does shine here, sometimes! :lol:

Roy.

Mailman14":21lb6pwv said:
Quote "Why did you leave it unattended in the first place?"

Uh, cos it's round the back of the garage - and I don't have c.c.t.v... :shock: Also, didn't think he was that clever that he could open it. :roll:

I presumed that by "it" he meant the three year old rather than the hose. ;)

one hopes that theres a lock on your 'shop door.

Quote "why did you leave it unattended?"

- this "it" is the hose!

BSM - Quote "I presumed that by "it" he meant the three year old rather than the hose.

one hopes that theres a lock on your 'shop door."

Definitely a lock on the door, just forget to pull it down (tis a garage up-and-over). The times I've had little ones asking for wood, nails and a hammer... :roll: still, funny as f. when you hear a little voice "tap, tap, tap. Ouch, my finger, silly hammer!" :lol: :shock: :lol: - no blood yet...

Back