Green and Keen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willis88

Reaction score
Good morning everyone
Newbie Willis here, newish to joinery
Looking to build on my hobby and DIY experience, maybe turning it into a side hustle (or more đź‘€) to my day job.
Recently started renting a fully stocked workshop from a fella in Cardiff on a day by day basis. Perfect for making my furniture ideas without the massive outlay of rent and equipment.

Lots of projects on the to do list, so I'll be asking questions of you guys I'm sure and will hopefully be posting some of the finished articles!

Cheers
Willis

Welcome Willis! We'd love to see pics of your shop!

Welcome Willis! We'd love to see pics of your shop!
In an old coach house.
Can be a little tight sometimes but has everything a basic joiner would need
I'm very lucky to have found it I think

Attachments

• 20240513_144423.jpg
    20240513_144423.jpg
    2.3 MB
  • 20240513_144350.jpg
    20240513_144350.jpg
    2.2 MB
Welcome, I would love to hear mote about the in and outs of the workshop rental please.
Ian
I just have an informal agreement with the owner
He's taken a full time teaching job but wants to keep the workshop for the occasional bit of work. So I can rent it on a day by day basis which covers his over heads. And when I'm not using it it doesn't cost me a penny!
Great set up for starting out

Yes that’s an incredible deal! He must trust you, not sure how I feel about somebody using mine, even with a good friend I would wonder if all was well when I wasn’t there.
Ian

In an old coach house.
Can be a little tight sometimes but has everything a basic joiner would need
I'm very lucky to have found it I think

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the forum - I’m in Cardiff too- well done finding a workshop space - I’ve slowly filled my garage with kit - just need to the time to use it.

Plenty of experience here to draw on

That's a proper little joiners workshop đź‘Ť

I'd recommend fitting a riving knife and blade guard to the table saw before things get a bit messy.....

Latest posts

Back