Does anyone need some help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

So for a while I’ve been doing odd joinery jobs for people and messing around in my garage when I get time. All feedback of jobs completed so far has been really good and I’m thinking of dropping my days at work to keep some steady income coming in for 2/3 days a week and allow me to do what I enjoy which is joinery for 2/3 days a week and potentially build up to doing it full time.

I’m just wondering if any of you are involved in fitted furniture and need an extra pair of hands for free for 2/3 days per week on a regular basis? Hopefully you’ll find that I’m a big help not a hinderance and I’m really keen to learn. There’s only so much you can learn from books and YouTube!

Ps I’m in the north east of England.

Many thanks
Pete

Hi Pete,
Good to see you have drive to get out there and look 👍
If i were you, I'd drop in to some local workshops and ask in person. I'd also reconsider your approach in terms of money. I think if you were to offer to do a few days for beer money and go from there.
You dont want to loose too much income and there are definitely people who will take advantage.

Im sure others will be along to offer up a good way forward

Edit! Down here weve got a large housing association who employ everyone from maintenance guys to plumbers, sparkies etc. Do you have one near you? They might be willing to give you training and money

Must be a good number of student houses to work on?

Also a good number of ex students needing furniture for 1st houses. Straight forward solid wood stuff with a modern twist would be my thoughts start simple - bedside table, blacket boxes, chest of drawers etc...

Hi both, thanks for the replies. Yes we have some pretty big housing associations, I’ll look into that, thanks baldkev 👍. Also good idea to drop into places in person, if I were looking to hire someone I’d be quite impressed if someone was keen enough to turn up on the doorstep unannounced!

Back