Go to christmas movies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and there always used to be a Bond Movie on around this time.

There is only so many times you can watch a given film or program and I find like I dare say many others that as you get older more and more are just repeats and even with the newer offerings you soon see the underlying theme is a rehash of something that has gone before because there are only so many themes you can have, a bit like having the same film and just changing all the names and the location.

The one thing that I find totally ruins any film is when they become completely unrealistic, you can get away with this in sci-fi but not in films like bond which is probably my most disliked of all and in films where you have some shoot out with hundreds of rounds flying around that all seem to miss so many people apart from the extras, I think we are tuned into reality unless you are an avid gamer.

even with the newer offerings you soon see the underlying theme is a rehash of something that has gone before because there are only so many themes you can have, a bit like having the same film and just changing all the names and the location.
Star wars / Harry Potter spring to mind 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I watched, for the first time, 'The Lion King', thoroughly enjoyed it, but for the life of me I could hardly believe how they'd trained the animals to act, speak, & sing! AMAZING! o_O 🙀 :ROFLMAO:

Muppets Christmas Carol
Scrooge -Alastair Sim
Christmas Carol - Patrick Stewart
White Christmas
The Nativity - BBC drama from early 2000s. Even grumpy atheists like me can be moved by this one.

I cannot stand modern day films with all the CGI carp, AND the bad language, so much more than appropriate. I've lost count of the number of modern films I've started to watch, then had to listen to 'every other word beginning with 'F' or 'C' - delete button very useful! Some day film actors?/actresses?, will become redundant.:unsure:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back