Fun with Bubinga

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
Another little panel saw. Bubinga handle, 19" blade length at 10 ppi...

Take care, Mike

ts_0001a.jpg

ts_0002a.jpg

Thing of beauty, Mike :)

You haven't quite broken down my resistance yet, but you're getting close. Better post a few more :lol:

OK :lol:

This is a near-completed large tenon saw. One of two that are built for two seperate customers. You cannot see the finished product until the owners at least have a chance to hold them tomorrow or Friday...And I see in the picture there are a couple others behind it.

These are 19" long. 10 ppi rip. 4 5/8" usable depth at the toe and about 5/8" more at the heel. Beech handles. .025" blade thickness.

kenyon_0002.jpg

Take care, Mike

Pete W":e8tfg9o1 said:
Better post a few more :lol:
#-o

Mike, have you done a panel saw with a straight heel rather than a bulbous one? I've tried to reeducate myself but somehow the curve doesn't quite hit the spot with me. Hopelessly wedded to what I know I suppose :(

Cheers, Alf

Alf":oxf6v1su said:
Pete W":oxf6v1su said:
Better post a few more :lol:
#-o

Mike, have you done a panel saw with a straight heel rather than a bulbous one? I've tried to reeducate myself but somehow the curve doesn't quite hit the spot with me. Hopelessly wedded to what I know I suppose :(

Cheers, Alf
Not that I am a collector... :roll:

But I am a little partial to Harvey Peace saws. Maybe it is the underdog thing. So when I decided to make versions of some particular saws, I chose Moulson for the small joinery saws, and of course Peace for a few, including the panel.

Funny thing is, if someone wanted a panel fashioned after say a Disston...or a S&J or ???, well, I would of course make one :wink:

And I am making a Kenyon beginning Friday. Called a panel, it has a 26" blade length. Again with a Beech handle. It'll take a few days to finish it, but I'll post it when the owner at least has had a chance to hold it.

Take care, Mike

Mike,

I take it the use of the kitchen table has been approved by the LOYL?

If your darn saws get any prettier I may just have to place an order.

The only thing missing is a customized logo so that 100 yrs from now an
untrained eye will know who made those beauts. :)

Javier
Get one now before Mike starts with the W logo.
You'll be able to retire by selling your "pre-log Wenzloff" on Ebay :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D
Who thinks it's important to dream

Latest posts

Back