Frustrated!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Bray

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife let me order a Festool DF500 kit on Wednesday (our 31st Wedding Anniversary), it arrived at 10am yesterday, but since yesterday morning I have been incapacitated with a bad attack of Gout so have not been able to have a play with it yet, it looks like it will last right through the weekend too so doubt I will be able to try it out until next week, it's very frustrating.

Bloody hell what bad luck, my wife let me take her to Lake Garda for our 30th wedding anniversary last month, I was also allowed to buy her a very expensive pearl necklace, and I got nowt!!!

Baldhead

You got a trip to Italy. Did you go to Sirmione and Limone? Both very nice places, my wife and I still speak fondly of our visit to Sirmione. We stayed in Torbole.

We stayed in Bardolino, the hotel was possibly one of the best we've stayed in, the staff were very nice and the food was excellent! Yes we went to Sirmione, I think the wife went to Limone herself, I had to have that day off (back was playing up so I spent the day on the sun lounger).
On our anniversary the hotel delivered a bottle of Prosecco and a very large dish of strawberry switch a flower and an anniversary card, nice little touch which we both appreciated.
Beautiful place which we visit again.

Baldhead

Both my father and I suffer from gout as well so I do sympathise with you, it is very painful. My father is trying desperately to finish my litte girls dolls house before her birthday at the end of the month but keeps getting interpreted from bouts of gout. :(

I could on a positive note, try out your new toy for you and let you know how good it is, I'm only around the corner. :lol:

Kind regards,

Ed

just to jump in guys, we did Garda a couple of years ago and did simione and Bardolino via the ferry, beautiful place, we stayed in the mountains there, i dont have a head for heights either, pleased we were on a bus..

Naxie":11e8bxxw said:
Both my father and I suffer from gout as well so I do sympathise with you, it is very painful. My father is trying desperately to finish my litte girls dolls house before her birthday at the end of the month but keeps getting interpreted from bouts of gout. :(

I could on a positive note, try out your new toy for you and let you know how good it is, I'm only around the corner. :lol:

Kind regards,

Ed
Can you not get your quack to put you on allopurinol? - you will no longer get it. I've been on it for 35yrs.

Naxie":3jr9tcki said:

Kind regards,

Ed
Thanks for the very kind offer Ed, but I think I would like to be the first to play with it.

phil.p":3jr9tcki said:
Can you not get your quack to put you on allopurinol? - you will no longer get it. I've been on it for 35yrs.

I was on it a few years ago but did not get on with it, I only have a couple of attacks a year and they have lessened somewhat since losing a lot of weight so I just take Indomethicin for a few days and that sorts it out. I knew I shouldn't have had that Prawn sandwich on Wednesday though

I've been on allopurinol for a while now and for me, it works well. For Dad though it effected other tablets / conditions and he had to come off it.

He now has started a "new type of drug" as it was described by his GP, but 5 weeks on and two bouts already........we will see!

Latest posts

Back