Forum Users Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few routers over the years the current arsenal is

Dewalt 619 a bit like the mof96 that blew up but not as good
Dewalt 621K Good allrounder
Dewalt 626 a beast of a router for stairs and worktops
Trend T3 a bit underpowered mainly used for hinges
Freud FT2000 lives in the table
Festool OF1010 my favourite

jon

I have recently purchased a Triton TRA for the princely sum of £70 (gloat) and got a good deal on a matching table and stand. I guess I'll have to learn how to use it now :oops:

I also have a Hombase cheapo that seems to wobble a bit.
Andy

Triton TRB 001.................... 2000w in a Craftsmen table. Best thing since sliced bread. Bought for £89.95 new(Big Gloat) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Bosch Gof 1700E................ 1700w second best workhorse I have
Bosch POF 500A................. 500w Used for the little jobs ( like veining etc)
Trend T-Tech tt/R127.......... 2050w Lots of power, takes too long to wind up to full speed. Used for pattern routing mainly
Hyundi RO-01.................... 1500w Purchasing mistake, only has 8 & 12mm collets. All my cutting bits are 1/2" & 1/4"
Ferm FBF-6E...................... 550w used when i've set the bit in the POF 500.....................
B & D DN66........................ 480w never used, inherited from Dad
Stanley 265....................... 950w First Router I ever owned. Used to be used in the RAS but the bearings are going home, I'm not sure if it can be repaired.

John.B

Triton permanently table mounted.Brilliant.
Dewalt 621K (not used much).
Elu MOF96 (in constant use).If only it had dust extraction.
Trend T3 mounted in small table for light mouldings.

Jim

Triton in Triton table - mutt's nuts. Dewalt 624 - OK but underpowered. Little Makita 1/4", years old, been brilliant and still going strong. Used for general work and for making skirtings and mouldings for period buildings. Just bought cheap and cheerful dovetail jig to make some drawers.

>10-year-old Bosch POF 500A, being refurbed courtesy Miles tools (new motor mounting plate, collet and sole plate coming tomorrow - yeeha!). Trend Unibase fitted for bush-guided operations. It may be cheap, but it's a wonderful little thing, with a Swiss motor and near-infinite tolerance of an silly person operator...

B+Q Performance Power (blue and yellow) 1200W 1/2inch and 1/4inch collets: surprisingly useful, but now has dodgy speed control and plunge-doesn't-lock. It was the table router, now being kept on for occasional handheld use.

Trend T11: just arrived, will be mainly table mounted in customized plate (for the lift mech.), using the quick-release kit. 1/2" and 1/4" collets.

i have a cheap trend from bnq 1/4"
festool of1010

and whatever ryobi router comes fitted in there table

Old thread, but since we're 'fessing up...

Ancient B&Q 1/2" for heavy work - doesn't get used much, next kitchen I do I'll buy something else (thinks: OF1400...) Ancient 1/4" Hitachi set up with guide and jig just for hinges, an old Trend T3 slung under a bench for lightweight grooving etc... (works surprisingly well) an old Festool OF900E, and a much newer OF1010, and there's an old Elu laminate trimmer knocking around somewhere too...

Trend T5 for regular routing
Trend T9 in router table

Looking long and hard at the Festool offerings...

B & Q Power Devil - 1/4 in

Draper - 1/4 in

Chaiwanese - Came as a 12mm but takes a 1/2 in nut and collet

Makita 3612C - 1/2 in

Triton MOF001 - 1/2 in just acquired! (thanks for the link RyanGillam) :)

DeWalt 625 in Woodrat.

Alf":1myuh35l said:
DW 625EK in the 'Rat
Trend T5 Mk2
Stanley #71
Millers Falls #67
Stanl- What? What's funny? What'd I say? :whistle: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Stanley #71 (partial!)
Record #71
Record #722
Preston #22