For sale. Festool Domino. 10 for sale, £100. (PICS)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mreagleeyes

Established Member
Reaction score
I knew that would get your attention.
So how comes every time I come on here and see something for sale it's already been viewed by 20 people and is full of PM sent?.
I'm going to put a list up of what I need and see what happens.
Below is my current shopping list with Pics that I need

4379789045_25850ab2eb_o.png

4379789255_e627d42535_o.png

4379789497_068d541c80_o.png

It's frightening how little £1,200 get's you these days. I won't put up the ClassicHnadTools Pics as that is just crazy.

I'm looking out now for the 'For Sale' sections as this Tool buying is crippling.

Thats a big shopping list. You could save some money buy buying a bit cheaper. Wouldn't get metal dogs either, bad news if you hit one by accident.

You'll get the magnets elsewhere online for cheaper. Google is your friend.

Also that shelving is over priced. Just use spur shelving you get in places like B&Q, cheaper on eBay tho I think. I have a great deal of timber and tools loaded on them and they're surviving very well. Just make sure you have good fixings into the wall.

Also, CMT are ok for router bits, but Wealden are better IMO. Try them.

The large shoulder plane is, er large. Have you tried it in the hand? Might be worth trying before buying if you haven't. Looked at clifton?

I wouldn't bother with that Trend Depth Guage either.

Far wiser to buy yourself a 6" steel rule to keep in your pocket. You will use it all the time for many other jobs than just measuring the depth of your router cutters.

(I'm ashamed to say, mine also makes a handy mini filler knife for filling 18guage brad holes 8-[)

I wouldn't bother with that Trend Depth Guage either.

Far wiser to buy yourself a 6" steel rule to keep in your pocket. You will use it all the time for many other jobs than just measuring the depth of your router cutters.

(I'm ashamed to say, mine also makes a handy mini filler knife for filling 18guage brad holes 8-[)

+1 with wizer. Spur shelving is very strong and pretty cheap.

Cheapest place I have seen is Wilkinsons (sp?) what cheap shop on the high street.

They have a large range of brackets and supports, just whack a plank of wood on and you're away.

wizer":3apzszyr said:
The large shoulder plane is, er large. Have you tried it in the hand? Might be worth trying before buying if you haven't. Looked at clifton?

Actually, the Veritas one is very nice. It also has adjustable knobs and handles that you won't see on other models.

As far as bench dogs go, Chems, brass and aluminium may dull the an edge slightly but they're unlikely to damage it unless you're trying to make a deep cut.

If you didn't want to buy the depth gauge (although, personally, I would! :D) you could use a combination square to do the same thing. Axminster also sell little 6in. combination squares.

wizer":1lt4tv19 said:
You'll get the magnets elsewhere online for cheaper. Google is your friend.

Also that shelving is over priced. Just use spur shelving you get in places like B&Q, cheaper on eBay tho I think. I have a great deal of timber and tools loaded on them and they're surviving very well. Just make sure you have good fixings into the wall.

Also, CMT are ok for router bits, but Wealden are better IMO. Try them.

Magnets sourced on-line saved £80. Wealden are supplying the Router bit, a few pounds there. Thanks Wizer.
Was wondering if anyone had put up a list of tool suppliers on this forum?.

I have only seen the shoulder plane and not used it yet, will have a think about that one. If I carry on making saving's then hopefully the HP-7 that Alex has at ClassicHandTools will be mine. Never used a Clifton plane, I like the Bull nose option, but then I also like the wooden adjustable handles on the Veritas. Will hopefully see them at the Alexandra Palace show and make my mind up.
I've already got some of the shelving in the workshop and after I had a shelf collapse after using the B&Q system I am a bit scared of using this again.

Mreagleeyes":myc1d0jx said:
I've already got some of the shelving in the workshop and after I had a shelf collapse after using the B&Q system I am a bit scared of using this again.

What failed? The fixing into the wall or the shelf bracket? How much did you have loaded onto it?

As I say, I've got a great deal of weight on those spur shelving systems and the only time I had a failure was the fixing coming out of the wall. I replaced the fixings with anchor type things and they're rock solid.

The Spur bracket failed, not sure if it was somehow on a slight twist, but it was supporting a load of books at home, only a 1.6m span but once that one went the rest followed.
I'm looking to use them to support large lengths of Iroko above my work area so could do without a second incident.
I am using M10 anchor bolts in a solid brick wall. I'm just very wary of the Spur system, I'm sure it was a one of but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

woof":175tsdov said:
Can't believe my luck! pm sent - would love a domino for £100. Paypal or cash? ;)

Just send me all your bank details and your address and as a Brucie Bonus there is a large sum of money waiting to be paid out of a Nigerian Government Bank in your name.
Simply deposit £1000 in my account and I will guarantee 10x that amount in yours. :wink:

Latest posts

Back