Unflush joints with festool xl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do u think anyone would be daft enough to do that?
Not on purpose but these things can and do happen, you go off for a cuppa and come back but not quiet where you left off. Don't forget that the average age round here is off the scale and the old grey mater is not as firm as it once was.

I have only the small version but have never trusted the fence because of the dubious stability inherent in hand held use that several have referred to, For this reason, I always use it on a flat reference surface with various shims of known thickness under the machine or the workpiece. If I need a non-right angled joint I use wedges and measure to the precise angle. It may take a bit longer but it works for me.

Jim

I have only the small version but have never trusted the fence because of the dubious stability inherent in hand held use that several have referred to, For this reason, I always use it on a flat reference surface with various shims of known thickness under the machine or the workpiece. If I need a non-right angled joint I use wedges and measure to the precise angle. It may take a bit longer but it works for me.

Jim
Cheers jim

Back