Experience with Festool Domino Connector System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon

I'm just in planning stages for a bunk bed project (single over double). I have bed parts from the single bed that I can re-use however the current bed uses a cross dowel bolt system e.g. to attach legs and sides to header / footer.

I was contemplating using the Domino connectors instead however I know that the beds will be dismantled and moved at least once so I'm wondering if it's better to just continue with cross dowel bolts for ease of taking apart and putting back together?

I have used dominos for more permanent furniture pieces but I haven't had occasion (as yet) to use the connectors. I wondered if anyone has had experience with them how well they hold up to being taken apart and re-used (e.g if moving the bed to another room). Obviously they are a bigger investment than the current bolts (for which it seems I have hundreds of the bloody things) but I'm happy to use them if they make a significantly stronger joint.

Thanks in advance!!
:)

I bought a set when they first came out
I have used them for 2 beds which have both been moved and they work great
No issues at all rock solid when done up and come apart easily.
Ian

I used them for a large kitchen island. I found them to be solid but tight fitting when combined with a domino. such that I had to clamp it to get the joint to close.

I used them for a large kitchen island. I found them to be solid but tight fitting when combined with a domino. such that I had to clamp it to get the joint to close.
Same here, the connectors went together fine, but the dominos were very tight and had to be sanded quite a lot to allow easy enough assembly/disassembly.

Otherwise the connectors have so far worked well. I used one in each corner.

Back