Flu jab

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a flu jab every year and am happy to do so as I see it as beneficial, all the members of my family in the medical profession also have the vaccine.

During a general telephone conversation with my daughter in law last night she urged me to have the jab for shingles as well as she's seen a number of bad cases recently, something I need to seriously consider. :unsure:

I went back to work after the first dose of pneumonia. I served an old lady who who asked how I was feeling. How are you now, dear, I heard it was pneumonia you had? Yes, it was, I'm feeling much better now. Oh, that's good. A moment's hesitation ... you know the best thing about pneumonia? No, I said, I don't. Well, the best thing about pneumonia is that when you get it again, you'll know exactly what you're got.
:LOL:
That was April, I was poorly for my daughter's birthday. The following April on her birthday I was ill again. I rang the doctor. He rang back. Hello, Mr. Pascoe, what's the problem? I've got pneumonia. Hmmmm ....... how do you know you've got pneumonia? I've had pneumonia before. You've got pneumonia, you'd better get in, he said. When I repeated what the old lady had said the year before he said unfortunately she was right, it's common to get it again.

he's looking for an argument to replace the thread that's been closed Phil, that's why I wouldn't engage.
If you don't want to engage with a different viewpoint, that's entirely up to you. But it rather defeats the purpose of a forum.
But to try to influence others to shun someone is at best childish.

If you don't want to engage with a different viewpoint, that's entirely up to you. But it rather defeats the purpose of a forum.
The main purpose of this forum is to discuss woodwork and associated skills. Other stuff is at best extraneous.

The main purpose of this forum is to discuss woodwork and associated skills. Other stuff is at best extraneous.

The owners have provided an off topic segment so what's the problem.
Maybe it's only for subjects and views that you approve of?

As I understand these things the virus jab is a modified form of the virus to kick start the immune system it is perfectly possible that if you already have the virus in your blood stream the jab could kick off a negative reaction.

The negative reaction meaning you could still get the flu? It's more than possible the jab isn't effective against a particular strain you have or your immune response didn't or wasn't developed enough to overcome the existing virus in your system. The fact remains that the virus jab uses inactivated or dead parts of the virus to stimulate the immune system not just a modified active form of it so technically it really can't give it to you.

To repeatedly attempt to provoke arguments on a thread that doesn't need one is the childish action and which is why I didn't engage. You already knew the answer as anyone with half a brain can tell. :ROFLMAO:

To repeatedly attempt to provoke arguments on a thread that doesn't need one is the childish action and which is why I didn't engage. You already knew the answer as anyone with half a brain can tell. :ROFLMAO:
But you did engage and you continue to engage.

And now you claim you can read my mind.
What is your purpose?

If you have nothing to contribute?

Artie...you've hijacked this thread. You posted back on the first page deliberately in the hope that someone would chip in and ask you why. Chance for you to jump on your stupid soapbox.

OK..you want to tell us why you think vaccination is a daft idea, then start your own thread and we can all ignore it. Don't hijack someone elses thread for the sole purpose of jumping on your soapbox.

Artie...you've hijacked this thread. You posted back on the first page deliberately in the hope that someone would chip in and ask you why. Chance for you to jump on your stupid soapbox.

OK..you want to tell us why you think vaccination is a daft idea, then start your own thread and we can all ignore it. Don't hijack someone elses thread for the sole purpose of jumping on your soapbox.
I asked you to stop insulting me by private message and to your credit you did. Now please stop having a go at me. I have said nothing against you.

well got mine today, after waiting in a queue about 300m long and 40 minutes. no probs getting it but have felt a bit sweaty compared to the previous 2 I've had. but then my immune system's still a bit out of whack I reckon ,as only finished radiation therapy 6 weeks ago.

Back