Flu jab

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The owners have provided an off topic segment so what's the problem.
Maybe it's only for subjects and views that you approve of?

To quote you responding to someone else:
artie said:
"If you don't want to engage with a different viewpoint, that's entirely up to you. But it rather defeats the purpose of a forum."
AJB: The main purpose of this forum is to discuss woodwork and associated skills. Other stuff is at best extraneous.

I am simply pointing out that this is not just "a forum" it is primarily a woodworking forum. When people start arguments or promulgate arguments, it is usually in the off-topic area and often spills over into other areas. Then the owners that you refer to, shut the threads down. It is not the vaccine forum, or the Covid forum, or the arguments forum. So, let's manufacture some sawdust. :cool:

Oh dear!!!!!!! Is this one going to be another "Off Topic" thread that's going to descend to the depths that others have reached in both the recent and not so recent past?

It started off quite reasonably but it's dropping it's "tone" fast, IMO due solely to just one member - artie - you seem to be trying to provoke an argument. WHY are you doing that artie (come to that, WHY do such threads so often seem to result in people arguing just for the sake of it)?

@artie, if you want to come out and say "I don't believe in vaccinations" (or words to that effect) why don't you just do so, then leave it at that? If thast's your opinion that's fine, however wrong others may feel you are.

There's enough stupidity - and argument just for the sake of it - going on in this world, so I for one don't need it on UKW.

I shall not therefore be visiting this thread again.

To quote you responding to someone else:

AJB: The main purpose of this forum is to discuss woodwork and associated skills. Other stuff is at best extraneous.

I am simply pointing out that this is not just "a forum" it is primarily a woodworking forum. When people start arguments or promulgate arguments, it is usually in the off-topic area and often spills over into other areas. Then the owners that you refer to, shut the threads down. It is not the vaccine forum, or the Covid forum, or the arguments forum. So, let's manufacture some sawdust. :cool:

Yup AJB T! Agree 100%. But if you remember, on a previous quite recent thread, artie said he likes to get his "politics" here on UKW (or words to that effect). At the time I thought of asking why he doesn't complain on whatever politics forums he belongs to about the lack of woodworking tips and tricks on that/those forum/s, but didn't bother because he shut up.

It seems we may well have another Jacob in the making here - very unfortunate if so.

I'm not going to quote all you guys, I'm just going to say, I didn't start this off topic thread, I did reply to it and I did politely state my position. I asked a question which has not been answered, and I have been misquoted for whatever reason.
I did not hijack the thread . Had my question been ignored that would have been the end of it, but for some reason you feel the need to attack me because I don't believe everything fed to me by msm.
The OP said he assumed all wrinklies had done as he had.

They haven't

I think most questions re vaccination HAVE been aired and answered here Artie. If we missed yours, please quote it here again and we will address it?
I can even go back to Jenner if you need historical context, then come right up to date via Salk, Sanger et al.
Just to clarify...what is "msm"?.
Sam.

but for some reason you feel the need to attack me because I don't believe everything fed to me by msm.

@artie: From my later school days I was taught that of course you use "msm" (there was little else in those days), BUT you also treat everything you read/see/hear there with a degree of caution!

These days there are MANY ways to check the veracity of "msm" and to make it easy for you artie, when it comes to msms' (and politicians') statistics, you could do a lot worse than trying BBC R4s "More or Less" programme.

Yes, to give credit where credit's due, the BBC IS "part of the establishment" but IME anyway, and in comparison with many other news sources in other countries that I've experienced, the BBC does at least try and present an alternative independent view - said "More or Less" being a prime example IMO. BUT I do NOT want to start another "BBC rant thread"! :(

We're straying from my main point in the post above - you "accuse" others of relying on "msm" whereas I believe at least most of us do NOT do that - what I'm accusing YOU of is simply arguing for arguing's sake.

Please stop, it is IMO unnecessary AND it's unwanted by most members here.

I am not looking for an argument,
I made a legitimate reply to the original poster.

I made a legitimate, concise and civil reply when I was asked to elaborate.

Later in the thread I saw a post which didn't sit right with me so I asked for clarification. At this point people not involved jumped in to attack me and accuse me of starting an argument, when it appears to me it was they being argumentative.

If I can't engage in a thread titled Flu jab with comments about "a flu jab" without the bully boys shouting me down, It's a sad day.

Neither I nor vaccines are infallible. I'd love to know what your academic background is.
That's not the attitude you displayed in your previous post.
My academic qualifications or anyone else's have no bearing on an internet forum.

Hi

You are all discussing the flu jab but what about the pneumonia jab, probably as important due to Covid and also available at places like Boots.

Hi

You are all discussing the flu jab but what about the pneumonia jab, probably as important due to Covid and also available at places like Boots.
Never heard about it until this thread. Is it available on NHS.

Mind you don't get accused of hijacking the thread. :)

Hi Artie

Yes don't want any hijacking but in my defence it is a vacine and in current circumstances also important, no good dodging the bullet and steping on a landmine !

I am not sure but suspect it will be if you are in the right age bracket, probably have to be in the reasonably well wrinkly group and not just a mild wrinkly.

Back