fixed upholstered banqette seating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druster

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a job to do as part of a fit out of a pub.
I have an idea of how I am going to construct it, keen on of site manufacture before site fitting,
I need to get it to a stage where there is ply for the upholsterer to take away and make nice!
Just wanted to see if anyone has any great ideas hints tips before I get drawing.
two sets of seating each with 3 internal corners and runs varying from 3.5m to 1.8m
cheers
Dru

This is a pretty much standard sizing for pub seating, make as many of these as needed and join them with 3x1 front and top and add an angle block for the back, just remember cloth comes in approx 54 " widths and usually goes on sidewards unless its pattered, also make the seat and back boards a managable size and try to divide them equally

hope this helps

Allan

sorry if the pics a bit big

A cheaper way is to make MDF formers and join them together with 2x1 - 3x1 batterns . You make one former and then copy route it to make as many as you like . Once joined with the battern you can clad with ply .
I did hundreds of these in the Hammersmith palais , i'll see if i can find a picture .

thanks for that guys,
we are currently trying out different heights and seat back height and pitches!
customer is very particular, one thing that is proving annoying is that the upholsterer is on holiday and can't get any questions answered such as length of seat pads and thickness of foam to get the seat height right.
I have plumped for a blend of both techniques using plywood strips fastened with ply brackets and plywood strips joining the individual units together.
I have a fair bit of ply sitting around!
cheers,
would like to see pics if you have them.

Latest posts

Back